Transport from Northborough, MA to GSO, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
VATechUSN
Zip Code: 23456
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KORF
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport from Northborough, MA to GSO, NC

Post by VATechUSN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:01 am

VATechUSN wrote:Hey guys,

I am currently in GSO and could come get the dog within 120-150miles from Greensboro, weather permitting as I am only VFR rated. I am able to fly into DC airspace but of course would like to avoid it if at all possible. I am free on Sunday this weekend, or could do weekday evenings after 5pm. Shoot me an email [email protected]

Zack
KFCI (ChesterField) may be a good option.....
Zack

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 am

Zack and Ed - i sent you an email about this transport. Thank you so much for your help.
Robin Manley 336-414-1373

atcssct
Zip Code: 33625
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: Kspg

Post by atcssct » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 am

i could fly from MTN to LKU which is Louisa County...whatcha think?

VATechUSN

Post by VATechUSN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 am

EDWARDABRAMS wrote:I am doing a flight on Sunday the 14th the opposite direction. I will be departing out of OXC (Oxford, CT) and meeting a pilot at XSA (Tappahannock, VA) who will have a dog coming up from NC going to CT. If that day works for you I can get the dog down to Virginia.
[email protected]
What time frame would you be looking at? I am going to try and do my long 250nm XC for IFR that day and pick the dog up on my last leg. But I would need to be back in GSO by 2pm.....which should leave me with a wheels up time in XSA NLT 12pm
Zack

RickG
Zip Code: 27705
Airport identifier: 8NC8

Post by RickG » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 am

Hi guys - looks like you've got Jake's transport covered but wanted to mention I'm flying a group from KRWI (Rocky Mount) to KXSA (Tappahannock) this Saturday 10/6 ... and could bring Jake back down to the Durham area on my return (if anyone up north was able to make the transfer tomorrow). If so, let me know.
Durham, NC (8NC8)
C172E VFR
93 rescue flights ... 347 dogs ... and 53 cats!

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you so much for your kind offer. This transport is complicated as Jakes' owner has already surrendered the dog and he is being boarded at a vet's office in Massachusetts. Since we can't fly into Mass and pick him up we have to board him at a local vet's office . I then had to find someone willing to drive Jake a couple of hours to the CT airport to meet the flight next weekend. It's not impossible, but i think it could be unlikely that i could find someone willing to do that this weekend. Thank you though, i am very grateful.
Robin Manley
Finding Great Homes Rescue
336-414-1373

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 am

Here's the update on this transport:
Ed Abrams is going to pick up Luke (Wheaten Terrier) in OXC (Oxford, CT) on Sun Oct 14. He is meeting a pilot at XSA (Tappahannock, VA). The pilot he is meeting is willing to fly Luke to Greensboro, NC but this pilot is going to be on a layover in VA to go sailing until Tuesday. He has generously offered to take the dog and have a friend watch it until he flies back to GSO on Tuesday, Oct. 16. If there is a pilot willing to fly from XSA to GSO on Sunday, Oct. 14, it would be great not to have to burden this pilot and his friends with keeping the dog for a few days. Otherwise, the dog does have a ride to GSO and we are very grateful.

Robin Manley
336-414-1373

VATechUSN

Post by VATechUSN » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am

Findinggreathomes wrote:Here's the update on this transport:
Ed Abrams is going to pick up Luke (Wheaten Terrier) in OXC (Oxford, CT) on Sun Oct 14. He is meeting a pilot at XSA (Tappahannock, VA). The pilot he is meeting is willing to fly Luke to Greensboro, NC but this pilot is going to be on a layover in VA to go sailing until Tuesday. He has generously offered to take the dog and have a friend watch it until he flies back to GSO on Tuesday, Oct. 16. If there is a pilot willing to fly from XSA to GSO on Sunday, Oct. 14, it would be great not to have to burden this pilot and his friends with keeping the dog for a few days. Otherwise, the dog does have a ride to GSO and we are very grateful.

Robin Manley
336-414-1373

Robin,

I think I will be able to handle the pick up on Sunday Oct 14th....I just need to get exact times on the arriving flight from OXC, I need to be wheels up at XSA NLT 12pm for the flight back to GSO.
Zack

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Great! We would like to take you up on your offer to help bring the dog to GSO on the 14th of Oct. Ed Abrams would like to speak to you - what is your name, phone number and email? I'm sure that it is on here somewhere but just want to be sure we have the right person! Thank you, Robin

FYI - you can also reach Ed Abrams at 203-671-9389 or [email protected] - He is the lead pilot on this one and he can tell you what time he will land, etc. in VA. Thanks a million for helping us.

Jon Wells

Post by Jon Wells » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:48 am

Robin,

We are very HAPPY to help, as Zack and I are looking forward to it. I was part of the Fly-Away last weekend, it was a great event. I am not concerned in which way dogs are going, north to south, south to north, nor if it's one dog, or a myriad of them. It's about what we do. So, whomever is "confused" about it, it's simple.....we get asked to help, we help. We make the choice as pilots to fly or not, and which ones to take, not our place to "question" how an animal is rescued. Keep them coming, and whether short trips or longer ones, they help us bring new pilots to the cause. As always, it's fun to work with you.

JW
JW
N3307R Cessna 182
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)- CFI/CFII/MEI/CFI-G