Pups & Kittens--New Iberia to Thibodaux, LA, to Houston, TX

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

Pups & Kittens--New Iberia to Thibodaux, LA, to Houston, TX

Post by carolynharris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Number of animals being transported: 4 kittens, 1 adult cat; 3 bulldog-mix pups; 1 Lab mix pup; 5 Lab/terrier mix pups
Breeds, weight, age: Kittens, 1# each; adult bobtail cat, 10#; 3 bulldog pups, 15# each; 1 Lab mix pup, 12#; 5 baby Lab/terriers, 5# each
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: N/A
Vaccinations: To be done by receiving
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: N/A
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties LaFourche Parish A.C.,Thibodaux, LA; Heartstrings Rescue, Broussard, LA
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Feral Feline Retreat and Backstreet Pups, Houston, TX
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, 337/837-5930 ([email protected]) and Sharon Smith, 281/753-0136
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation:

Kittens, cat and Lab mix pup from Thibodaux were in line for transport when Hurricane Isaac struck. We're now back on track and are including some bulldog-mix pups and some tiny, 7-week-old Lab/terrier pups, both sets the result of failure to spay/neuter. These last two sets are unwanted litters but need rescuing before they, too, wind up at a shelter.

We would like to head this group out this weekend (Oct. 6/7),if possible. Proposed trip is to pick up two sets puppies in New Iberia (ARA), then head to Thibodaux (L83) and then to the Houston-area airport of your choice. Sharon Smith's rescue is located in The Heights area of Houston, so there is no airport particularly close to her. Pilots must furnish crates, however. We also need to keep each litter of pups separate, since they are traveling without vaccinations. The single Lab mix pup in Thibodaux will probably fit in a "cat" crate sized carrier, while 2 medium crates should hold the other 2 litters. Adult cat should probably travel separately from kittens ,who can safely ride together.
Attachments
Male Bulldog pup.JPG
Female Bulldog pup.JPG
Male Bulldog pup II.JPG
Last edited by carolynharris on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mwpowell
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Pups & Kittens--New Iberia to Thibodaux, LA, to Houston,

Post by mwpowell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm

I might be able to help with any one litter on Sunday, but my plane is not large enough for all of them. I'll also be flying with a couple of kids in the back...it's great for the puppies getting all that lovin' on the flight, but does restrict my cargo room. :-P

Would love to do the lab puppies if I get my pick...the kids would just love that!

Note that I've already offered my services this weekend to another rescue, but still waiting to hear back from them. If you're ok with me flying only one litter, please let me know, and I'll confirm back as soon as I know if I'm needed by the other rescue.

I fly out of Hooks Airport (KDWH) on the northwest side of Houston.

mark
N758AM - KDWH near Houston, TX, ~ 300 NM radius: can fly to any airport within the limits of roughly Brownsville, TX (KBRO) / San Angelo, TX (KSJT) / Wichita Falls, TX (KCWC) / Durant, OK (KDUA) / Monroe, LA (KMLU) / Houma, LA (KHUM) - WEEKENDS / VFR ONLY

onwingsofcare

Post by onwingsofcare » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Sounds like five crates, three small and two medium? We are flying from New Orleans Lakefront airport back to CA this Sunday Oct 7 (possible Monday Oct 8). We need to make it in one day, but if the dogs can be brought to us and we can make it an efficient drop in the Houston area, we might be able to help you. We are waiting to hear about one other rescue dog we might be taking to Flagstaff, however. We have no crates to provide, but if you provide them, we can either bring them back to you end of the month or ship them back to you. I can't get these replies on my phone, but I will get emails in the evenings, at [email protected].

Sidegrip
Zip Code: 70529
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIYA

Post by Sidegrip » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Carolyn,

I can take the N.I.bunch on Sunday AM. I can pickup in NI or you can meet me in Abb. I have the large crate which you've seen and another smaller one. Let me know if this will work for you. Em me or call would be better.

Leonard
N8279Y Based Abbeville LA Near Lafayette 70501 Mostly weekends VFR Prefered

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

I can help with most or all of this trip on Saturday. I have 2 small-dog-size and 2 medium-dog size crates, and plenty of seat harnesses. Do you think that would cover all the passengers?

TB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:37 am

Wow!! What great responses. I'm going to email each of you individually. The N.O./Lakefront offer is great, but I don't have the volunteers needed to get them all there and the crate thing might be an issue. Nevertheless, all of us, including the "critters," do so appreciate your generosity.

Carolyn

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:30 pm

We got the bunch moved out of Thibodaux today, but low ceilings in the Houston area mid-morning tomorrow have forced Leonard to cancel tomorrow's trip for the 8 remaining pups, coming out of New Iberia (ARA). If anyone is IFR, or if the weather is better tomorrow afternoon, and is available to complete this trip tomorrow, please advise. There are 2 litters, who need to be kept separate. The 3 bulldog-mixes are older and larger; the other 5 are just 7-weeks old and about 4# each. Receiving party has requested KAXH, but any area-airport in Houston is fine with us.

Carolyn Harris
Broussard, LA
337/837-5930