Ann Arbor MI 48108 to Waseca MN 56093

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Betterhave
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Ann Arbor MI 48108 to Waseca MN 56093

Post by Betterhave » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 pm

MI403.24242492-3-pn.jpg
Biscuit's eye is completely out of the socket. Help us get him to his rescue for his surgery, please.
MI403.24242492-3-pn.jpg (15.01 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Biscuit-pn.jpg
Yes, that ugly black lump is his left eye. In spite of that nasty eye, he's a real love bug.
Biscuit-pn.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: Peke, 12 lbs, 2 years [Picture attached]
Health Condition: Needs eye removed asap

Heart worm Status: Neg
Vaccinations: Dhllp and Rabies Oct 5, 2012
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered:No will be altered by receiving rescue as soon as vet approves it. Hoping Neuter and Eye surgery can be done at same time.
Special needs: Requires surgery to remove an eye that has been dislocated for some time. Pulled from shelter yesterday, seeing vet this evening.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Laurel Barrick, Transport Coordinator, RollingRescue Transport Group & Kelly Wakefield, temporary foster mom
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Heidi Eckers, foster home for Peke n Chin Midwest Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Laurel Barrick, 616 247 1456 anytime. [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving Rescue is 501C3 http://www.pncmidwest.org
Additional Info/situation: Biscuit's injury is not life threatening, but it requires treatment as soon as possible. He had to undergo a full stray hold at the Clare Co. Animal Control Shelter with one eye mostly out of the socket. Appears to be a long term injury. We will know more in a couple of hours after his vet appointment. He was pulled as soon as allowed by law, yesterday and moved to a temp foster home last night. He is getting shots and a health certificate tonight and will be ready to travel immediately there after. I am working to organize a traditional ground relay transport for this weekend. One or two flights, any portion of the route, would be a Godsend, however. We can work to position him wherever you need him. The most difficult part of the trip to fill by relay will be from about Joliet IL to Waseca MN [just south of Minneapolis] He is stable, in good spirits, very out-going. The ground route is I-94 E [MI] to I-80 [IN-IL-IA-MN] to I-35 N [MN] Time Zone Notes: Trip originates in Eastern Standard and switches to Central Standard at the MI / IN state line on I-94
Update: According to the vet tonight, this sweet little guy is only 2 or 3 years old. The eye is not causing him much pain, but it needs to go as soon as we can get him to his rescue in MN.

raflight
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ann Arbor MI 48108 to Waseca MN 56093

Post by raflight » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 am

Can do partial transport Sunday morning. Monee, Ill. (C56) to Platteville, Wi, or Prarie Du Chien, Wi.. I also have time Monday morning, if connections cannot be made.
Randy Acker
[email protected]

Previous email sent directly to sender in Michigan, so not to create confusion.

Randy Acker

benrlewis

Post by benrlewis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:16 am

Leaving Wonder Lake,IL (10C) on Sunday 10/7 and can take biscuit to Waseca if someone can get him to Chicago area.

Betterhave

Re: Ann Arbor MI Now Homewood IL 60430 to Waseca MN 56093

Post by Betterhave » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Biscuit is arriving at Bult Field C56 in Monee, IL 3:30 CST today with plan to overnight him in Homewood IL tonight and move on tomorrow.
Either one of your kind offers could work. If you could call me at 616 247 1456 or message me here off the forum with your phone numbers, I'd like to talk to both of you.
Thank you so much, Laurel :D

Ribrahim
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Ribrahim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Not sure if it would be helpful, but I could do the Ann Arbor To Chicago part, however I could only do it later on Tuesday October 9th.

Looks like you posted right as I was typing this. Hope all works out.

Reed

benrlewis

Post by benrlewis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Randy, how do you feel about getting him to 10C Sunday and I will take him the rest of the way from there?

Betterhave

Post by Betterhave » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Many thanks to everyone. I am grateful and amazed ____Biscuit has arrived to his overnight accommodations in Homewood, IL thanks to Mike and will fly out with Randy and then Jim, tomorrow to complete his trip to Waseca, MN tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you,
Laurel
RollingRescue