Poodle Pup Shelter to Rescue FGR to LEB or BTV

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
tag1213
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Poodle Pup Shelter to Rescue FGR to LEB or BTV

Post by tag1213 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: poodle, 10 months, 7 lbs,
Health Condition: good, very very scared
Heart worm Status:neg
Vaccinations: UPD
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered:yes
Special needs: Needs to be picked up at FGR during shelter hours. Same rescue has a post for 20N..hoping to combine the flights and get both poodles at same time.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter, Shari Polen P: 516 785 5220 e: [email protected]
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Poodle Rescue of Vermont, Terri Gerard, 802 497 4144 [email protected]
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): see above
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: The shelter will send an ACO out to FGR to meet the pilot during shelter hours. They do NOT work on Sunday and I am not sure about Saturday. If a pilot can pick Casper up and foster him overnight and meet the next leg from 20n...that would be great or just bring him on up to NH or VT. Whatever works. We have a 5 star foster bed waiting for him.
Last edited by tag1213 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org

Mooseman
Zip Code: 02144
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBED
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: Poodle Pup Shelter to Rescue FGR to LEB or BTV

Post by Mooseman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 am

Hi
I've signed on as a back up for Saturday (cannot do Sunday or Friday) for the other flight and would be glad to take this scared little guy too. I can fly to 20N and be there by 1:30 and then go to LEB. Not VT because I am based in E'rn MA. I know there's a Friday person who's available, so let me know if Friday is not a go and I can help out Saturday.

Margery (Mooseman)

DougWeir
Zip Code: 10024
Airport identifier: KCDW

Post by DougWeir » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 am

I will be flying from NYC to Saratoga, NY on Saturday and could fly them up with me. Could you drive over to Saratoga to pick up the pup?

I just called the Hempstead Animal Shelter and understand they are open Saturday, but Shari is not there until tomorrow to discuss possible logistics. I also don't know the info about the other dog going to 20N or the receiver info.

I also tried to call Terri to discuss, but got vmail which could not accept messages. Please call me to discuss if you think this can work for you.
Thanks,
Doug (917-208-1172)
Doug Weir, CFI, ATP
Saratoga Springs, NY (5B2)
Grumman Tiger - N414DJ
Cell: 917-208-1172

JimC

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 am

Terri,

This is the Jim who just spoke to you on the phone.

I can be the backup's backup for a complete FRG-20N-BTV flight on Saturday. The turbulence Saturday *should* be less than today or tomorrow.

Jim

BrianR
Airport identifier: KSYR

Post by BrianR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 pm

I am the pilot who offered to do the 20N-LEB or BTV trip Friday afternoon. But I never really got a response, other than Friday wasn't great for the person receiving the dog.

I assume this post meant to say FRG on Long Island, as there is no such airport as FGR.

Regardless, I remain available for Friday afternoon if needed. I couldn't go as far as Republic, but if someone could get this guy to 20N Friday afternoon, I could take him the rest of the way with the other dog. As usual, this would be weather-permitting, but right now it looks like it would work, once the front passes tomorrow morning.

tag1213
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by tag1213 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Dear Pilots, (BrianR, Mooseman, DougWeir, JimC, lumatech, Iceman1007

Ok, I just got a call from Shari the Rescue coordinator for Hempstead Animal Shelter who confirmed that YES they can drive little Casper to the FRG on Saturday.

Lumatech has confirmed that his plane most likely will not be ready so he is out but willing to do something next weekend.

BrianR, my apologies for being unclear about Friday. We just have no volunteers off from work to meet you at the LEB airport on Friday.

BrianR, Margery, JimC, it's a go for everyone on Saturday. I am not sure who would like to fly but we are eternally grateful to whomever takes the flight.

A volunteer will meet a pilot at FRG with Casper the puppy. Shari will provide cell and driver info of the volunteer of ACO bringing him to the shelter. Next stop 20N. Mary the woman Boarding Teddy will meet the pilot at 20N. She has no computer. We will have to contact Mary via cell phone.

I will be meeting the pilot on this end either at LEB or BTV. If we are in BTV, the foster Mom's will most likely be there to pick up their charges. They can drive to LEB if they like and if not, I will drive up Sunday to deliver Teddy and Casper to their foster Moms.

Thanks so much,
Terri Gerard, President
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
802 497 4144
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org

JimC

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

It seems that of the 3 of us, I'm the only one who was originally going as far as FRG.

Brian, Margery - Would either of you like to do the whole flight? I'm happy to yield to those who spoke up first.

BrianR
Airport identifier: KSYR

Post by BrianR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Unfortunately, my only available day this week was Friday; it appears that won't work with the receiving party, so I guess I am out.

Mooseman

Post by Mooseman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi,
I can't do the whole flight. It's just too long in my little Cherokee since I can't leave BED until noon-ish. But --
Doug, you also volunteered for the yorkie flight right? What if I pick up the yorkie at KASH, fly to 5B2 (Saratoga), give you the yorkie and I take the poodle and go back to LEB?

Would that work?

Margery

Mooseman

Post by Mooseman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

oops. I lost track of pilots. Is Doug still in on this?

Anyone feel free to e-mail me directly, [email protected] since this is getting a little confusing for me.

Thanks,
Margery