URGENT! Can you fly to Greensboro, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Mistnstone

URGENT! Can you fly to Greensboro, NC

Post by Mistnstone » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Lab/Pit mix, 42 lbs, 2 years old
Health Condition: Great
Heart worm Status: n/a but most likely Negative as this rescue would have stated if it was different
Vaccinations: yes
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: Aries is a very good dog and has great potential. Aries is very good with Adults, but ARIES CAN NOT BE AROUND CHILDREN. No children should be allowed near him, or to travel with him. He is going to a behaviorist who will help him overcome whatever abuse he suffered in his past life that makes him dislike children. Without this flight, this dog is at risk of being PTS.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Liesa Collier Dogs Deserve Better in Pgh via Laura Fine Mistnstone Rescue in Pgh
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Shari Strader Dogs Deserves Better/Certified Trainer
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Dogs Deserve Better is
Additional Info/situation: Aries is very good dog with one life threatening flaw that isn't his fault. He is very good with Adults, but ARIES CAN NOT BE AROUND CHILDREN. He is afraid of them, and gets defensive around them. No children should be allowed near him, or to travel with him on this flight. You would NOT know he has any issues until a child approaches him. He should be NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!! The rescue will meet you at the airport. He is going to a behaviorist who will help him overcome whatever abuse he suffered in his past life that makes him dislike children. Without this flight, this dog is at risk of being PTS.

The receiving rescue can not do this on the weekend and needs to be done on a weekday. The behaviorist/trainer is in Greensboro, NC

can you please help save him?
Last edited by Mistnstone on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mistnstone

Re: Ride to Specialized Rescue for fully vetted dog Oct 17,

Post by Mistnstone » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 am

He is easily crated and good with other dogs. He has no issue with adults, and likes to ride. No children on flight, please, though.

Katamarino
Zip Code: 77079
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ride to Specialized Rescue for fully vetted dog Oct 17-1

Post by Katamarino » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:55 pm

I could take him as far as Charleston WV on Friday 19th.

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Thank you Katamarino!

Let me see if anyone else offers and if we can make the connection in Charleston. Will know more after Monday (weekend)!

We greatly appreciate your offer!

Katamarino
Zip Code: 77079
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Katamarino » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I could go a bit further south, to somewhere like Dublin (KPSK), if it would help.

Mistnstone

Rescue Ride Charleston WV or Dublin, VA to Greensboro

Post by Mistnstone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Need a ride from Charleston, WV or Dublin, VA to Greensboro, NC for this guy.

Can anyone help, please?

bigairh20

Post by bigairh20 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I can back you guys up also from pittsburgh to southern west virginia, could possibly go thursday night or sunday, but maybe my other pilots could go too other days through the week, let us know if we can help

brad from pittsburgh aviation animal rescue team

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:39 am

Thank you Brad!

Still need the second leg from southern WV to Greensboro, please. Anyone that might help?

Thank you!

Mistnstone

Urgent! Ride from Southern WV to Greensboro, NC Oct 19th

Post by Mistnstone » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 am

This is now URGENT.

This dog has no more money to pay the boarding kennel where he's been living and nowhere to go *except* the rescue in Greensboro, NC. I'm not sure exactly what day he has to leave the facility, but I feel safe in saying the clock is ticking. The rescuer up here is very upset and worried that we can't save this dog.

All we need is ONE short leg from either Charleston, WV, Bluefield, WV or Dublin, Va... The first leg pilot is willing to accommodate anyone who can take the second leg by meeting in one of those air fields. He is going to Greensboro, NC area.

I have emailed about 20 pilots and only 2 have answered. We still have not been able to set anything up for this great dog! I don't know what else to do. Is there any kind soul in the Greensboro, NC or Va or WV area that can graciously take this second leg??

Mistnstone

Re: URGENT! Can you fly to Greensboro, NC

Post by Mistnstone » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 am

Katamarino,

I was able to get a pilot who will be able to meet you in Dublin (Im sorry I couldnt get any more north) but he can not meet until 6:30pm ish on Friday Oct 19th. Is that possible for you, please?

Please? (Fingers crossed)

Brad is there anyway you guys can help in the event at can not?
Last edited by Mistnstone on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.