Dawsonville, GA (30534) to Syracuse, NY (13029) - URGENT

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dspence18

Dawsonville, GA (30534) to Syracuse, NY (13029) - URGENT

Post by dspence18 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Australian Shepherd (black tri-color) puppy (Freckles), 10 lbs, 10 weeks old
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: No - will be done by adopter at appropriate age.
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Jena Allred, Furry K9 Animal Rescue Inc., Paul, ID, 83347
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Sharon Fay, FurCation Home, Brewerton, NY, 13029
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Denise Flinchbaugh 303-419-4990
Are you a 501c3: Yes - the sending party is.
Additional Info/situation: Need transport from Georgia up East Coast to at least PA, lower NY or anywhere within 5 hrs driving distance to Syracuse, NY, or to Syracuse if possible. Understand this would be multiple stop trip. UPDATE:UPDATE:UPDATE: Ground transport dropped transmission in Paducah, KY, so Freckles does not arrive GA until Friday so need for transport would be for Sat 10-21 or Sun 10-22

NOTE: I am posting this request for sending/receiving parties (sending party is not able to post as they have entire town-wide electrical outage) - assisting in trying to get this puppy from Georgia to receiver in New York as soon as possible. Puppy originated in Idaho from Furry K9 Rescue but they did not give much notice (i.e. this morning, Monday, 10/15) that puppy was in transit on a transport via other transport group to Georgia and would arrive there tonight, 10/15. I have been working with both parties as representative of volunteer ground transport organization to try and get puppy from ID to NY. Receiver is willing to drive up to 5 hour radius from Syracuse, NY, to pickup so that puts Philadelphia, NYC, Pittsburg, PA, Boston, MA, and Cleveland, OH, etc. in range. Receiver has adopter waiting to take puppy immediately. Puppy has a place to stay in Dawsonville until transport can be arranged but we are looking to get her home hopefully by Tuesday, 10/16 or Wednesday, 10/17, but whatever works for you, works! We can also find ground transport in various states to get puppy to pilots. Adopter has some funds that they would be willing to donate to PilotsNPaws.Many apologies for short notice and eternally grateful for any help that can be received.
Attachments
FrecklesInThePilotLoungeAtAllentown.JPG
Freckles waiting on Staycey's lap to meet her adopters in the lounge at Allentown. Cliff and his wife Stycey flew her from Georgia to PA.
Freckles1.jpg
Freckles rescue photo.
Freckles2.jpg
Freckles on ground transport from Idaho.
Last edited by dspence18 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lumatech
Zip Code: 10605
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KHPN
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: Dawsonville, GA (30534) to Syracuse, NY (13029) - URGENT

Post by lumatech » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:47 pm

There is another transport being put together from Charlotte NC area to NYC:

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=19469

If someone can get this guy from GA to NC, we could take him the rest of the way to NY. It's not going to happen until the coming weekend at the earliest, though.
Debonair C33A - Based at HPN
IFR, no FIKI

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:15 am

Thank you! We could get her to North Carolina. We will keep this on back burner in case we can not get her out by weekend. Thank you so much.

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 am

Also, I understand that someone from Pilots 'N Paws just contacted the receiver. I am so sorry that you were not treated with respect, from what I understand, by the receiver's husband and hope whoever you were will accept my apologies. The receiver has been going through all kinds of run around from the sending rescue, she is worried about the puppy now "stranded" in Georgia, she had to put down one of her own dogs today, and is going in for major surgery on Thursday so is stressed out to the max. Her husband is I think also worried for her not that it should excuse the lack of courtesy.

Would whomever called, please contact me instead?

Thank you.

BrianR
Airport identifier: KSYR
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by BrianR » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 am

I am based in Syracuse and could take a final leg. I could probably pick her up anywhere within about a 250 mile radius from Syracuse. I've picked up several PnP transports out of the south in Frederick, MD, but other area would work as well, depending on the routing from GA.

Unfortunately, I'm not available Wednesday due to work requirements. Thurs-Sat could work if the weather cooperates, though that's not a certainty at this point. I am VFR only, so would require decent weather (no low clouds or icing conditions). For this week, Thursday looks like the best bet. I would also be available Oct. 25 and 26, if it takes some time to put this together.

containerrepair

Post by containerrepair » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am

We are going to Allentown, PA on Saturday a.m. from Lawrenceville, Georgia. We can take dog as far as Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton (ABE) Airport. We would also like if someone can get the dog as close to Lawrenceville as possible for Saturday flight. We can meet someone to pick up dog sometime on Friday if you want. Please contact Cliff at 770-883-0104 if these arrangements work for all parties concerned.

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Just got done speaking with Cliff - so wonderful - thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I will update the information - just got word this morning, Tuesday, 10/16, that the ground transport blew a transmission in Paducah, Kentucky, and will not arrive in Georgia until Friday. So the timimg of Saturday liftoff will work!!

We will hook up Freckles with Cliff on Friday - details to be worked out once we know when Freckles arrives on Friday.

We will either have other pilot who can take from Allentown to Syracuse (Allentown should be in range for pilot from Syracuse?) or ground transporter to pick up in Allentown and take to Syracuse.

So awesome, folks - can you tell I'm excited???

sshoop
Zip Code: 22066
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sshoop » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Just a data point, in the event the Saturday transport for some reason does not work out: On Thursday I will be flying grom Galax, VA (southwestern Virginia) to Leesburg, VA (west of WDC).
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U - IFR
Leesburg, VA (KJYO)

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm

sshoop wrote:Just a data point, in the event the Saturday transport for some reason does not work out: On Thursday I will be flying grom Galax, VA (southwestern Virginia) to Leesburg, VA (west of WDC).
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U
Thanks- will keep it on the burner.

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm

lumatech wrote:There is another transport being put together from Charlotte NC area to NYC:

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=19469

If someone can get this guy from GA to NC, we could take him the rest of the way to NY. It's not going to happen until the coming weekend at the earliest, though.
Also, thank you - we will keep this in mind for backup in case anything happens.