Dawsonville, GA (30534) to Syracuse, NY (13029) - URGENT

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dspence18

Re: Dawsonville, GA (30534) to Syracuse, NY (13029) - URGENT

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:59 pm

BrianR wrote:I am based in Syracuse and could take a final leg. I could probably pick her up anywhere within about a 250 mile radius from Syracuse. I've picked up several PnP transports out of the south in Frederick, MD, but other area would work as well, depending on the routing from GA.

Unfortunately, I'm not available Wednesday due to work requirements. Thurs-Sat could work if the weather cooperates, though that's not a certainty at this point. I am VFR only, so would require decent weather (no low clouds or icing conditions). For this week, Thursday looks like the best bet. I would also be available Oct. 25 and 26, if it takes some time to put this together.
Per Cliff (below and phone conversation) he can get to Allentown on Saturday, 10/20. Would you be able to take from Allentown on Saturday to Syracuse? Sent you email and PM as well.

BrianR
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSYR
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by BrianR » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

E-mail response sent. I can take Allentown to Syracuse Saturday if the weather is good. As it gets closer to Saturday, I'll contact Cliff. However, I suggest a backup plan in case of poor weather, as I am VFR only and it's possible the weather may not cooperate.

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Awesome, Cliff and Brian! So psyched to get this little rescue girl to her furever home.

Do have back up plans in place.

NOAA currently showing that weather should be clear to Allentown but rainy in Syracuse. Of course, that is just clouds/precipitation not everything else you all know about better than I for sure. Hopefully that will change

If not, adopter is willing to drive to Allentown for pick up.

If neither leg can go, we have alternate ground transport on tap OR hope to join a hop with Pilots N Paws on Sunday: http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=19469

Please keep me in the loop and I will do likewise.

And again can not thank you all enough. This gift (as you probably know) saves a life.

BrianR
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSYR
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by BrianR » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:18 pm

I sincerely apologize to all concerned for my last-minute cancellation of this flight and the inconvenience I know it will entail. It's the first PnP trip I've ever had to cancel, but with the updated forecast showing much worse conditions then predicted for my return route of flight, combined with being physically exhausted (thanks, night shift work, for the insomina), I just couldn't take the risk of ending up being the subject of an NTSB report. :cry:

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Brian,

Please no apologies are necessary - sincere heartfelt thanks for stepping up for our little beauty and we know it was iffy weather. She arrived safely in Allentown and her adopters are picking her up. I've added a picture of the little one waiting in the pilots lounge with Stacie (Cliff's wife) for the adopters to arrive.

Thanks to all! Kudos!!!

pogo929

Post by pogo929 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Did they get this one out of ga? I fly out of cartersville an can probably get him to NC

dspence18

Post by dspence18 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:18 am

pogo929 wrote:Did they get this one out of ga? I fly out of cartersville an can probably get him to NC
Thank you! Yes, she is with her new family and thanks again to Pilots N Paws and Cliff and Brian for stepping up to get this little one home. Cliff and Stacie went above and beyond in helping her out - even keeping her overnight until Saturday.