KC, MO to Denver Colorado

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dukegrfr

KC, MO to Denver Colorado

Post by dukegrfr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Female Golden Retriever 11+ 60lbs
Health Condition: Hospice care is needed. Maggie is losing the use of her hind quarters
Heart worm Status: Neg
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate:currently she is at the vet clinic
Spay/Neutered: unknown
Special needs: has a string of Mammary tumors
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Bella Vista Animal Shelter
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Golden Retriever Freedom Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Nicole 720.849.7879
Are you a 501c3: YES
Additional Info/situation: Maggie was a stray and currently being evaluated by the vet. I do have a hospice home for her for in Denver, CO. she was a stray so there is not much more known about her...except she is a sweet girl.
Last edited by dukegrfr on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: KC, MO to Denver Colorado

Post by sowens333 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:57 am

Have you checked into a driving transport? www.caretransport.org

dukegrfr

Post by dukegrfr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Yes we work with CARE all the time, the vets said she would not do well on a 10+ hour drive. So I talked to Linda from CARE and she said see if we can find a pilot to help out. She is currently in AR and I am getting her to a foster home in KC,MO hopefully this will help in finding someone...I do have a hospice foster for her in Denver. Thanks! Nicole

dukegrfr

Post by dukegrfr » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

I can probably get someone to Drive little Miss Maggie to Salina, KS or Hays, KS to meet a pilot :)

mimullin

Post by mimullin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Depending on when she needs to go, I might be able to get her to Hays by air, if someone could pick her up there and fly the rest of the trip. Would need to leave from New Century (KIXD) in Olathe, KS and will depend on the weather and aircraft availability.

dukegrfr

Post by dukegrfr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:02 pm

I think we are 2-4 weeks out the vet in KC has decided they need to remove her mammory tumors that are cancer. So that will be done tomorrow (11/1) I will repost a date when I know when she can move. Thank you for the reply to my post!

mimullin

Post by mimullin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:51 pm

That's fine. If she still needs to go to Denver, I may be able to get her to either Salina or Hays, Ks if another pilot can take her the rest of the way.

dukegrfr

Post by dukegrfr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 pm

She is having Surgery today. Positive thoughts! I should know more int the next day or 2. I am sure I can get someone to Drive to hays or Salina...or hopefully find a pilot!
Thank you,
Nicole

mimullin

Post by mimullin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

Weather permitting and depending on your schedule, I should be able to fly her to either Salina or Hays, Ks for you if she is leaving from the Kansas City area. I fly out of Johnson County Exec (KOJC) so if you can get her there, I'm pretty sure I can get her roughly half-way if you have a pilot that can finish the route to Denver.

Mike

dukegrfr

Post by dukegrfr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 am

Thank you everyone!!! Looks like the Foster home in KC is adopting her! what a nice happy ending!