Transport Needed 1 Passenger

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Mobile Mutts

Transport Needed 1 Passenger

Post by Mobile Mutts » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: sheltie/american staffordshire mix; 2 years old; 45lbs
Health Condition: excellent
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: available and will accompany him.
Spay/Neutered: yes
Special needs: no
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties K9 R&R
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Mobile Mutts
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Marion Stevens, Transport Coordinator
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: Mike was sent last week via our volunteer ground transport from a high kill shelter near Nashville to Minnesota (a two day trip) to his rescue. However during his trip he and his overnight host in Champaign fell head over heels in love. She has now been approved to adopt him and we are trying to get him back to her and to start enjoying his furever life asap. Could someone please help?
Last edited by Mobile Mutts on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ljh1958
Zip Code: 55375
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFCM
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Transport Needed 1 Passenger

Post by ljh1958 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I will be flying to TX on Friday weather permitting and could take the dog. I live in St. Boni so it will be easy to hand off the dog.

Laura Herrmann
Laura Herrmann
[email protected]
952-210-8600
KFCM, Minneapolis, MN area
Cessna 182
N425KA
VFR/IFR

My range is MN, IA, WI, eastern ND and SD, northern IL

Mobile Mutts

Post by Mobile Mutts » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 am

I thank you so much for your reply. I am waiting on confirmation that he will be available to make the trip on Friday. His foster mommy is tied up and can't get change her plans.... darn work! We are attempting to find someone who can be available to get him to you! Where would be need to be, and by what time?

atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by atrulli » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm

I wrote to Laura, to see if she could take both dogs and drop them off at Vera's. I then could work at ground transport for your boy to Champaign, IL. It is like 3 hours away... and I had someone yesterday who offered to do ground transport in that area. Vera has 7 dogs right now, a champion rescuer... who would take good care of your boy until we could get him to Champaign. I am just throwing out ideas right now. This is all depending on if Laura can take two dogs...

Doing ground transport for a 110 pound dog is not easy when everyone has a compact vehicle for fuel efficiency... LOL

Mobile Mutts

Post by Mobile Mutts » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Laura; I just heard about the 110 lb Bloodhound Twin Cities, MN to North of St. Louis, If it is a choice between mine (who is safe) or the bloodhound who is clearly not, please move the bloodhound, I'll try and work on a plan B for mine.... I thank you SO much for your offer, but clearly Benson needs your help much more than Mike does!

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:18 pm

I am in total tears at this point... thank you so much... If Laura can take both boys, I have a gal in St. Elmo, IL who said she could do ground transport between St. Louis and St. Elmo, IL, which would put Mike with in 90 minutes of Champaign, IL. Vera could easily take Mike and Benson... she is excellent with dogs and has room. The question is if she can handle this much weight.... continue prayers for good weather..

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Done - Mikey found a ride via ground transport