Thunder's Angels Dog Rescue - Philadelphia, PA

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
ThundersAngels

Thunder's Angels Dog Rescue - Philadelphia, PA

Post by ThundersAngels » Mon May 25, 2009 7:08 pm

Hello everyone! First, I would just like to say how grateful we are that there is such a dedicated community like this!

My name is Jay Willis - I am the Vice President and Director of Public Relations for a new rescue organization, Thunder's Angels Dog Rescue, out of Harleysville, PA (Philadelphia area). We are extremely excited about getting everything organized with this effort, and have worked extremely hard over the past couple of months to get to this point. We are currently incorporated, will be receiving our PA kennel license, and are awaiting 501c3 approval.

At this time, we are looking to organize a coordinated effort to transport our first fosters/adoptions from Roxboro, NC to Blue Bell, PA. We would be looking to make some news in the area, and would like to get 3-5 dogs transported at once. We realize this would take a lot of coordination, but we would be very grateful to anyone that would be willing to help us out, whether you are in the North Carolina or Pennsylvania areas, or anywhere in between. We would like to get something arranged as soon as possible, but sometime before the end of July. Hopefully we can get something arranged so we can notify our local media, and get these dogs to their new adopted homes, or loving temporary fosters.

If you have any questions, or if you could be of any assistance, please feel free to post here, or contact me at [email protected].

Also, please feel free to check out our website at helpsaveme.org.

Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward saving the lives of as many dogs as we can.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Thunder's Angels Dog Rescue - Philadelphia, PA

Post by admin » Mon May 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi Jay and thank you for joining.......congratulations on your new organization, you are surely needed.

I would make another post under the Animals Needing Transport section of the forum with the cities, states, and zip codes in your subject line so that pilots who may be along your area of need will be able to easily find your request. Depending upon the size and weights of the dogs, it may be possible to take a few at one time. Pilots have different size planes and different capabilities for transport. Once you make your post, our very astute and much appreciated pilot/webmaster will make a "Map this Request" link showing the pilots and fosters along the transport route. It will be listed in red at the bottom of your original post for transport. This way you can contact each pilot privately as well as on the board.

Thank you for all you are doing to help the innocent animals...

Debi

ThundersAngels

Re: Thunder's Angels Dog Rescue - Philadelphia, PA

Post by ThundersAngels » Fri May 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Debi,

Thank you very much for the information. I will be sure to make a post in that area of the site.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thanks,

Jay