Goldsboro, NC to Rochester, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Nina1948

Goldsboro, NC to Rochester, NY

Post by Nina1948 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

Number of animals being transported: 4
Breeds, weight, age: 1 PBGV mix, 27 lbs, 1 yr female/ 1 schnauzer mix male, 11 lbs, 9 mos/ 1 shih tzu female, 9 lbs, 1 yr
Health Condition: excellent
Heart worm Status: all neg
Vaccinations:all UTD
Health Certificate:yes
Spay/Neutered:yes
Special needs:none
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Nina Silverthorne
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Duffy's Friends
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):Nina Silverthorne, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3:Yes
Additional Info/situation:
Last edited by Nina1948 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Goldsboro, NC to Rochester, NY

Post by mchutto » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 am

Can they travel in the same crate?

I'm working on a transport out of Goldsboro for Saturday. I'm not sure I will have room for all, but I might be able to take them to Winchester, VA. I need to find out if my connecting pilot can meet me there instead of our normal transfer point.

Marty

Nina1948

Post by Nina1948 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 am

we have a small dog going to Parkersburg, W. VA who needs a ride more than the others. He is maybe 12 lbs. Not neutered, but had shots several weeks ago so he has been quaranteened for about 3 weeks. That might be great for him.

mchutto

Post by mchutto » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't think the other trip out of Goldsboro is going to happen.

Parkersburg is too far for me to fly. It looks like a 4 plus hour drive from Parkersburg to Winchester. That's a full day of driving to pick him up at Winchester. Instead, I could fly him as far as Beckley, WV which will still be a full day for me. Thats' about a 2 hour drive from Parkersburg vice the 4 hour one to Winchester.

Marty

kshaw
Zip Code: 20878
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KGAI

Post by kshaw » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Marty,

If you can do Winchester, VA (KOKV), I can do the remainder of the trip to Parkersburg, WV (KPKB) weather permitting.
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)

Nina1948

Post by Nina1948 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Just keep me posted as to times. I will let rescue know on her end to be prepared!

mchutto

Post by mchutto » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 am

I took a look at the weather forecast for Saturday. The intended flight path appears to be clear skies all the way. However, it also looks like some pretty strong winds aloft. With the winds from the NW, there could be some mountain waves across the appalachians. Kent, you're the one who will be affected the most by the winds between Winchester and Parkersburg. Let me know your thoughts about making the flight. I'm good with it right now. Goldsboro to Winchester will be a long ride with headwinds all the way, but it will be a blast on the way home.

Marty

kshaw

Post by kshaw » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 am

I will check the weather tomorrow afternoon and make a decision then. I don't mind turbulence but I have been in strong updrafts and downdrafts before and want to avoid those at all costs. I am OK with slipping to Sunday as well if that works for you.
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)

mchutto

Post by mchutto » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Kent,

The Sunday winds do not look a lot better. Sunday is more problematic for me. I'm not available until about 10:30 AM. That would delay my landing at Winchester to at least 1530 and probably closer to 1600 given the wind forecast. There is also a TFR going up in the area on Saturday night. So, flying later on Saturday could also present problems.

If we go, I plan to leave KCPK at 0800. That should allow me to load the dog and leave KGWW at 1000. I think a three hour estimate is not out of the question for ETE to KOKV given the projected headwinds. Is 1300 at KOKV good with you?

Marty

kshaw

Post by kshaw » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 pm

The winds are supposed to be a little better on Sunday and I am also planning to pick up another dog in Parkersburg, WV on Sunday. I propose that I meet you tomorrow in Winchester and bring the dog back to Gaithersburg, MD for an overnight stay then depart on Sunday for Parkersurg, WV. I will need to get an OK from both rescues. I will PM you and the rescues with my phone number and email address.
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)