DONE!!Pups Needing Transportation from GA to VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
michelledodd

DONE!!Pups Needing Transportation from GA to VA

Post by michelledodd » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 am

Hi, my name is Michelle and I am desperate to find help getting up to 6 but most likely 3 -12 week old pups from Moreland GA to the Richmond VA area. I live in Powhatan VA and the 2 nearest airports to me are Chesterfield County and Richmond VA. These pups and the mom and dad were found in a landfill - dumping area down a dirt road and were so lucky someone saw them and took them home but the lady fostering cannot keep them as she works 2 jobs and has a full house already. From what I have been told by several sources GA is a very HIGH KILL state and we are trying trying to get them to me.I am going to vet and foster the remaining pups and work with BARK to find them suitable loving homes. This poor family was probably thrown out the door when it was determined mom was pregnant. I will work on getting the current foster moms full address - here is what I have: Name - Michaelene number 703-304-1772
Please, Please Help!!!!
My info is: Michelle Dodd
2201 B Mohawk Ave Powhatan VA
804-334-8993
Please let me know what else you need and I will get it to you asap - THANK YOU!!!!!

Debi
Co-founder
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Pups Needing Transportation from GA to VA

Post by Debi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 am

Hi Michelle and welcome.....

Here is a new link that pilot Steve Foley just developed to help you find a pilot along the route you are needing for transport. I would suggest to you, and all our rescue friends, to utilize this wonderful tool Steve has shared with us. I posted a global announcement this morning on the forum board to explain to you how it works. Just click on this link:

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/phpbb_transport.php

type in the departure and arrival points and hit search.....a map will come up with airplane pins that when clicked on or highlighted will show you the pilots who have volunteered along that route. There is also a list of them that shows on the left margin. Click on the pilots username and it will take you to their profile page with contact information. Once you have that, feel free to write to them and ask if they are available to help. The pilots are very good communicators and will let you know promptly if they are in a position to assist. If not, then maybe next time because as we all know, with animal rescue there is sadly always a next time......

Steve deserves a huge applause from all of us for his donation of time and efforts to create these tools us!

Debi

Dr.Bill

Post by Dr.Bill » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Update: Chirs from GA, Michelle and I are working to put toghether this trip on Sat AM.
If all goes well, the 3 pups should be in their new home on Sat afternoon.

Debi
Co-founder

Post by Debi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Dr.Bill wrote:Update: Chirs from GA, Michelle and I are working to put toghether this trip on Sat AM.
If all goes well, the 3 pups should be in their new home on Sat afternoon.
EXCELLENT Dr. Bill, please take photos and send them on.....these are three lucky pups!

Debi

Dr.Bill

Post by Dr.Bill » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:59 am

Update: I believe this should be marked DONE ! (Michelle, you have to edit the title). While I could not stay to see the swap yesterday at Monroe NC (EQY), I did speak to Nicholas on the radio as he arrived from Richmond to meet Chris for the swap.
What a beautiful day for flying!.. I did my BFR in the AM and stopped for gas at Monroe.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:35 am

Dr.Bill wrote:Update: I believe this should be marked DONE ! (Michelle, you have to edit the title). While I could not stay to see the swap yesterday at Monroe NC (EQY), I did speak to Nicholas on the radio as he arrived from Richmond to meet Chris for the swap.
What a beautiful day for flying!.. I did my BFR in the AM and stopped for gas at Monroe.
So Christopher, his wife Heather and Nicholas were the pilots involved in transporting these pups? Bill, what does BFR stand for? See, we need to learn pilot lingo :D

Great job in working together and flying the furbabies!

Debi

michelledodd

Re: Done - pups are here!!

Post by michelledodd » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in getting the pups from GA to VA. Especially Chris and his wife Heather, Nick and his Co-pilot - sorry forgot his name, was too excited about pups!!, and Dr. Bill. The generosity and compassion of all that volunteer with the transportation of animals needing rescued, is invaluable. The time, effort and energy exhibited by the pilots and everyone involved is extremely appreciated.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chad, Winter and Wicca (pups)

Dr.Bill

Re: DONE!!Pups Needing Transportation from GA to VA

Post by Dr.Bill » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Sorry, no more acronyms.. BFR= Biennial Flight Review. Every 2 years we must go for a thorough review with an instructor.

nicholas757
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes

Post by nicholas757 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:18 am

Hey Michelle,
The Co-Pilot's name is Lonnie and we are so glad to hear the pups are doing fine. Please keep us updated.
Nick

michelledodd

Post by michelledodd » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi Nick,

I felt so bad I couldn't remember his name for anything. I guess I forgot in all the excitement! I am so glad you let me know! Please give him my apologies! The pups are great - when we got home we treated them for fleas - they were covered - it took about 4hrs to bathe, treat and pull them all off. They are 2 little balls of endless energy now!!

Thanks again to you and Lonnie for all your time and help..
Michelle