Mom and 3 pups need ride shelter to rescue

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Mistnstone

Mom and 3 pups need ride shelter to rescue

Post by Mistnstone » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 am

Number of animals being transported: 3 puppies and mom
Breeds, weight, age: Pups: mixed breed, 5-8 lbs each, 8-9 weeks Mom: Mixed breed, 1 year old, 30-35lbs
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: n/a
Vaccinations: yes
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: no rescue will ensure
Special needs: Pups may need to be in separate crate than mom for room and so mom doesnt get irritated as they are over 8 weeks old.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties S.A.F.E. for Logan County Dog pound
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Mist'nstone Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: No, not yet. S.A.F.E. may be though.
Additional Info/situation: http://www.airnav.com/airport/6L4 Logan airport

These pups can be transported any time after Tuesday Nov 6th

This poor family has been through so much. The mom is amazing and we couldnt leave her behind! The family that had her kicked her out when she got pregnant with pups. After having her pups, neighbors reported that she carried 12 pups door to door begging for refuge and food. The best she could find was a family who apparently called the shelter to have her picked up, and then let her take pups in their building to wait for the a/c. There their big dog killed most of the babies. She ran away from them and finally hid the remaining 3 under a cliff over hang under a rock ledge and then begged for food on the highway from passers by. Shes a smart girl and she won the heart of a lady coal driver who saw her every day as she traveled the road this dog was begging on. She finally followed her and found her pups and called a friend who volunteered at the shelter who then took her to the shelter. It seems that the shelter recognized her description from the family who complained about her.

She and her last 3 pups have a rescue but we need help getting them here. We can't seem to get any road transport out of the WV areas and before the weather gets bad, we want to try and get them safe up here in Pittsburgh. Can you help?
Attachments
pups mixed.jpg
Betty.jpg
Betty.jpg (6.56 KiB) Viewed 323 times
Last edited by Mistnstone on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mistnstone

Re: Mom and 3 pups need ride shelter to rescue

Post by Mistnstone » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 pm

revised still needed

B17RON
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by B17RON » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I can do the flight but not till Fri. Nov 9th. Ron Gorr email [email protected] cell 412-576-0677

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Let me confirm with teh shelter and I'll contact you. Thank you Ron!

N60046
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPKB
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by N60046 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:42 pm

I might be able to help this weekend. Give me a call 740-7061304
John
KPKB

bigairh20

Post by bigairh20 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:23 pm

if this flight can get pushed up to sunday the fourth we can do this no problem...

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:55 am

Sorry I havent answered anyone for a few days. Technology is nice....except when it fails. The only computer we had available died less than an hour after my last post here and I've had to borrow one (which I just finally got set up enough to actually run)for now. Its about 100 years old so I may be a bit slow in typing, answering, connecting...well, everything lol

As soon as I speak with the shelter on Monday, I'll have a better idea Ron, but I did let them know we had an potential offer for Friday. If it falls through I'll let everyone know and thank you to the other pilots offering for this weekend, however the Pups get their Health Certs on Tuesday the 6th and cant fly until after that..

I'll keep everyone up to date... if this dinosaur will keep working that is...cross your fingers all!

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Finally heard back from the Shelter group. VERY disorganized. But finally after 4 phone calls, 5 emails, and a call to the shelter itself, these pups were vetted already and have HCs.

Is Friday still possible?