URGENT: Plano, TX (75023) - Richmond, VA (23218)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
darwin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

URGENT: Plano, TX (75023) - Richmond, VA (23218)

Post by darwin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Border Collies, Male 1 33 lbs, Male 2 18 lbs, Male 1 around 1 yr old, Male 2 around 4-5 months old
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Male 1 is neg, Male 2 is too young to be tested
Vaccinations: Up to date
Health Certificate: Will have prior to transport.
Spay/Neutered: Receiving group will have both altered.
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: All Border Collie Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected] and/or 252-292-6354 (can receive text)
Are you a 501c3: Yes/Yes
Additional Info/situation: Texas shelters are over crowed with pure breed Border Collies. This breed needs our help. These two dogs were pulled from the shelter and currently in a temporarily foster home waiting for transport. They are hoping that tranport would take place Nov.10/11 or Nov.17/18. Here are the links to videos of the two dogs in need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7B8GC62EdM and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq8lS1xVBxk
We realize this would be a very long trip, nearly 1000 nautical miles from Addison Texas (nearest airport to Plano) to Richmond Virginia.
I think we could get this done with 4 legs with each pilot doing 2.5 hours of flight.
For example:
Leg 1-Addison Texas to Hot Springs Arkansas
Leg 2-Hot Springs Arkansas to Lexington/Parsons Tennessee (Beech River Regional Airport)
Leg 3-Lexington/Parsons Tennessee to Bristol Virginia (Tri-Cities Regional Airport)
Leg 4-Bristol Virginia to Richmond Virginia
We want to help save these breeds from being euthanized by placing them in Border Collie rescue groups that can help find their forever homes. Please contact [email protected] for any additional information, etc.
Thank You
Last edited by darwin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

DonA

Re: URGENT: Plano, TX (75023) - Richmond, VA (23218)

Post by DonA » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:13 pm

I'd be willing to do leg 4, although I'd prefer picking the dogs up at Virginia Highlands (KVJI) in Abingdon, VA rather than Bristol, TN. I am fairly flexible on when I can fly, provided the weather is VFR. A four leg trip is going to present some interesting weather challenges and flight planning challenges...I'd like to TALK to the other pilots involved prior to initiating the transport. Border collies are remarkable dogs...I'd love to held.

Bart

Post by Bart » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 am

I could fly the first leg but since I'm based in Gladewater, TX (07F) I'd prefer to pick up the dogs closer to me. Don't really want to add 2 hours to the trip by going west to go east! Any chance they could be delivered to Gladewater or Mineola. Wood County Airport?

watson14
Foster?: No

Post by watson14 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:37 am

I am based in Addison, Texas (DFW) and would be glad to help. My plane is based at Addison (KADS), but is currently down for an annual inspection. I would expect 17 Nov before I would be able to fly. If the timing is acceptable, I am available.

John Watson
[email protected]

Carhonik

Post by Carhonik » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Aircraft in annual for at least another week.

darwin

Post by darwin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Bart and John,

Thank you both.

Bart, I emailed the sending group and they can meet you in Gladewater, TX. How far could you fly so I can contact some pilots via PnP to see if I can find a 2nd leg?

John, Just hold tight and lets see if we can get the 2nd and 3rd leg. Thanks
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

Carhonik

Post by Carhonik » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:00 pm

If aircraft is out of annual and time frame moves to next week I could do next week. I'm based at TRI and could do leg 3. Happy to drop off at VJI for leg 4 pilot.

darwin

Post by darwin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 pm

John and Bart, Would you two be able to help Nov. 17th if it doesn't make this weekend?

I'm asking because Carhonik plane is having its annual and if its out then he could do the 3rd leg up to John next Sat (Nov. 17).
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

Bart

Post by Bart » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I can't go this weekend but the 17 th would be ok. Will go to Hot Springs as suggested, other alternates considered.

bcx6mom

Post by bcx6mom » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:10 am

Being the foster in Richmond that is anxiously awaiting the arrival of these 2... I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the pilots willing to help us get these pups out of TX... I started BC Rescue while there and my heart still walks those shelters. I hope ARCBCR can continue to help the Border Collies in TX in the future. THANKS to PNP... what a WONDERFUL group of people!! THANK YOU for all your efforts, I hope we can make this work...