Pug With Back Injury - Leg 2

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CelebratingPugs

Pug With Back Injury - Leg 2

Post by CelebratingPugs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: purebred male pug, 20 lbs, 5 years & purebred female dachsund, 20 lbs, 5 years
Health Condition: stable/excellent
Heart worm Status:
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered:
Special needs: pug has a back injury but he is stable
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Celebrating Pugs - Marina Greer
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Celebrating Pugs - Tammy Darrow
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 410-714-3677
Are you a 501c3: pending
Additional Info/situation: We have a pilot to do the first leg - Columbus to Toccoa, GA - We need a pilot to pick up from this pilot. Please help us!!
Our situation has just become URGENT! Our initial request was to transport a dachsund north - however, two nights ago we had one of our pugs returned to rescue after he was HIT BY A CAR. The current adoptive parent is unable to care for him physically and monetarily. Charlie was adopted through our rescue earlier - he escaped his new family home and was struck by a car. The vet has him stabilized - but now we have to get him to Easton, MD to rehab and be fitted for a "cart". This trip may take 2-3 legs - but the situation is urgent. Charlie is currently in a home that cannot tend to his medical needs long term. We are able to meet this need in Easton. He is awake and alert - and wanting to get up and around. Typical perky pug - but at the moment he is down on his luck. If his furry foster sister (dachsund) can hitch a ride with him that would be fantastic - they both have the same destination. Her health is fine - she is on her way to her new home. PLEASE HELP US!!
Last edited by CelebratingPugs on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaryS
Zip Code: 80134
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Pug With Back Injury - Leg 2

Post by GaryS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 pm

I could take both dogs from the Richmond, VA area to Easton. Am available most any day, weather permitting. Daytime VFR only.
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

CelebratingPugs

Post by CelebratingPugs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi Gary! Thank you! I will post for the middle leg!!

Susan Delgado
Zip Code: 95126
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 450

Post by Susan Delgado » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Weather permitting, I'll be flying from Atlanta to Staunton, VA early on Saturday morning (departing before 8am). I realize this isn't MD ... but maybe the pilot in Richmond can go the rest of the way. I'll try to confirm my plans by Thursday. If you get someone that can do it before Saturday, please take them up on it.

Susan
I'll send a private message with my contact info. The flight will be about 2.5 hrs and they will have to be in a crate. I have crates that should work.
Susan Delgado
Based KSJC - IFR
Bonanza A36
678-457-6884
[email protected]

GaryS
Zip Code: 80134
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by GaryS » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 am

I assume you'll be flying into SHD (Shenandoah Valley), right? If so, I can pick up the dogs at SHD and fly them to Easton on Saturday.
I'll send my contact info in a PM.
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

CelebratingPugs

Post by CelebratingPugs » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm

I'm hoping this will help with coordination - here are the other 2 threads for the transport:

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=19864

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=19840

CelebratingPugs

Post by CelebratingPugs » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Susan - Daniel is asking on the other thread which airport in Atlanta. I will post this thread on that one too in hopes of getting you two together to coordinate with one another. Just left a message on your voice mail too. Thank you all!! Can't thank you enough for working with me on this.

CelebratingPugs

Post by CelebratingPugs » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Thank you to everyone who participated in this rescue! We could not have done it with you!!!!