Mama Cat with babies & Mama Dog with Babies - THANK YOU!!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Dutchessflier

Re: Mama Cat with babies & Mama Dog with Babies

Post by Dutchessflier » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Rosemary. The flight to Quonset from Fredrick MD is around 3hrs. Right now we are scheduled to be there between 4 and 5pm. I will call the receivers when we depart Fredrick with an ETA in Quonset.

Thanks. Bruce

DonA

Post by DonA » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi, I'm Don and I'm based at KXSA (Tappahannock, VA). I volunteered to fly to KEYF (Elizabethtown, NC) and bring *some* of the animals back. I'm flying an RV9A and my baggage compartment is small. I'll do the best I can and I know Sylvia is very good as fitting things in. I am willing to leave fairly early and bring the animals back to either KXSA or KHWY (Warrenton, VA). If it would be better for a pilot that I took them to Cambridge, MD, I'd be willing to do that, too. I'd like to keep my flight time to 3 hours (KXSA to KEYF and return but I'll go to four hours as needed - which would take the critters to KHWY or Cambridge) and then I'd return empty to KXSA.

I have room for one crate and I'm trying to figure out how to get two or three crates (stacked) into the baggage compartment. I don't think weight is an issue. At this juncture, I'd suggest a phone conversation between pilots would be in order. My cell number is (804) three-five-six-3232. Ideally, I'd like to hear from someone willing to pick the animals up at KXSA and go to Frederick but I'll meet someone at Warrenton, VA or Cambridge, MD, if that works. I'd really like to nail this down.

And if the weather holds, Monday is a holiday....I could make another trip.

Don

IFDFF1

Post by IFDFF1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Don - please reach out to the coordinator, I believe we are all set.

Dutchessflier

Re: Mama Cat with babies & Mama Dog with Babies - THANK YOU!

Post by Dutchessflier » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 am

We did it!!!! Thirteen dogs in the plane from Maryland to Rhode Island....the dogs and pups got a royal welcome in Rhode Island, and a local reporter from the newspaper was there who interviewed us and the article with pictures coming soon. One of the line guys adopted a puppy right on the ramp and was going over to the East Greenwich Animal Rescue this week to pick the pup up. We covered 640nm and 7.8 hours of flying yesterday. Great coordination from all involved...in fact we all landed in Frederick within 10 minutes of each other! Looking forward to doing it again.

Bruce and Avery/Crew of PnP flight KFDK to KOQU