New Orleans, LA 70062 TO: Denver, CO 80249

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
The Mutt Matcher

New Orleans, LA 70062 TO: Denver, CO 80249

Post by The Mutt Matcher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:Lab/Pitt Mix 45lbs. 12 years old
Health Condition: Fair She currently has a Bladder infection and she is 75% blind
Heart worm Status: Clean
Vaccinations: CURRENT
Health Certificate: YES
Spay/Neutered: YES
Special needs: YES
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: "SIERRA" PAT DURRAND PETERSON
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: DEB NABB AND ROGER KING
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Deb Nabb 303-552-1306 [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation:This is the Facebook post I saw a few days ago:

My youngest son has had his dog "Sierra" for a little over a year. He is being transferred to Germany on Wed.Nov.14th.
He is looking for a home for her because being in the military there is always the chance of being deployed to a combat area.
He feels he has been unfair to her because he is a single man and his work takes up a large portion of his days. He adopted her knowing she has health problems. She has cataracts and is about 75% blind. He felt she was on the road to being destroyed. She is a chocolate Lab/Pitt Bull Terrier mix and there aren't many that would deal with her. I am asking someone with a good heart who wants to continue what he started in giving her a good home. If anyone knows anyone that would be a good "forever home", please contact me through facebook. Thank you and please share this with your friends so that we can get this out there. Again thank you from the bottom of my heart. Pat

My Name is Deb Nabb and I am a behaviorist and am passionately involved in Dog Rescue. My husband and I have 5 dogs that are all rescued. When I met my husband he brought his dog "Seierra" to me for training after he rescued her from Denver Dumb Friends League. She had terrible separation anxiety and had no self confidence. She quickly became one of the best Therapy Dogs I have ever seen. She is the reason we met and now we have been married for 3 years. Sierra passed away 8 months ago and when I read about this dog named Sierra, I knew I had to help. Today is my husbands birthday and since Monday is Veteran's
Day I wanted to give this soldier some peace in knowing that his girl would be in her new "Forever Home" before he leaves.

Sierra Is 12 year old and has two front teeth missing after running into an iron tiki torch at night.
She suffers from skin allergies from flea bites and had mange when she was first adopted.
She currently has a bladder infection and requires to be let out often, but is being treated with antibiotics.
She has food allergies to corn and wheat and will get itchy and chew on herself if given it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help bring Sierra to us before her Dad is deployed!!!
Sierra currently lives in New Orleans and I live in Denver, CO>
The Mutt Matcher

Attachments
DSC00183.JPG
Dustin and Sierra
DSC00183.JPG (45.46 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Last edited by The Mutt Matcher on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jberry
Zip Code: 80111
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: New Orleans, LA 70062 TO: Denver, CO 80249

Post by jberry » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:09 pm

If someone can get Sierra started north out of New Orleans, I can meet you mid-way and bring her the rest of the way to Denver.

Kallioe
Zip Code: 70769
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KREG
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by Kallioe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I live in Baton Rouge and might be able to get it started but halfway is a little too far for me. I can probably do a leg to the Dallas area if that helps.

Eric

FlyBuddy

Post by FlyBuddy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 am

Cross-posting with http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 84&p=61397

If we can get her to the DFW-area AND get a them about half-way to me, then we're good. 3 out of 4 legs covered, depending on availability of the 1st 2 pilots over the long thanksgiving weekend.

Lynn
720 341 4739

The Mutt Matcher

Post by The Mutt Matcher » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 pm

I found another way to get her here but thank
you all for trying to help!!! :)