Australian Cattle Dog transport from St Louis MO to Seattle

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
SueBurnett

Re: Australian Cattle Dog transport from St Louis MO to Seat

Post by SueBurnett » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 am

TUCKER IS HOME!!!
TuckerIShome121207WEB.jpg
Tucker is happy right after getting out of his crate, but thinking "can just please go outside and pee!!"
TuckerIShome121208WEB.jpg
Tucker is watching me cook in the kitchen.
Tucker came home on Alaska Airlines Flight 751 on Friday, December 7.
He was very happy to hear our voices and said some quick hellos, but then needed to get outside to pee (7 hours in the crate from St Louis to Seattle!).
He had been gone from me for 5 1/2 weeks and I wish he could tell me the whole story,
but for now just having him follow me everywhere, with his big smile and wagging tail, keeps a grin on my face and a smile in my heart.
He was found 20 miles from where he was lost. He showed up in a man's yard on a Thursday morning.
Five days later, he was finally able to hook a leash to Tucker's collar and read his dog tags.
My friends in O'Fallon, Illinois went to pick him up and took care of him until we could decide the best way to get him home.

Thank you to everyone who has read my requests for transport for Tucker. Because he is shy, I think the commercial flight turned out to be the best for him.
He lost about 8 pounds and has a couple of new battle scars, but his personality is the same - he loves playing with his toys, laying on one of his three dog beds, and going everywhere I go.
I am just so happy to have him home again!!
Sue

cainjm40
Zip Code: 59639
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: S69
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Australian Cattle Dog transport from St Louis MO to Seat

Post by cainjm40 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Sue & Tucker

So glad that Tucker is safely home. I can't imagine a happier holiday season than what you are going to have. Brought tears to my eyes reading your post and seeing Tucker's photos. Happy endings like this are what make our efforts so satisfying. Glad to have been a part of this even if I didn't get to fly!

Merry Christmas!

Jer
Jerome Cain - PNP ID cainjm40 - [email protected] - 406-461-5631 (cell) (text)
Northwest Volunteer Trip Coordinator & Pilot
1999 Aviat Husky A-1A N817JC Red/White
Daytime VFR only
Lincoln Airport (S69) Lincoln MT 59639