2 dogs being left by homeless man, have home in SF

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Camelot

2 dogs being left by homeless man, have home in SF

Post by Camelot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: (F)Terrier/chi mix 12 years, 20lbs slightly lame: (F) 70lbs Plott/pit 70lbs 6yrs (F)
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: neg
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate:Yes
Spay/Neutered:Yes
Special needs: small one(little Bush) may need crate
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Casy Morgan, Suzanne Vradelis
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Suzanne Vradelis
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 415 624 6755 or [email protected]. She will be in Lahaina from wednesday12/12 to Saturday 12/15 and will put the dogs in boarding...if the planets line up~
Are you a 501c3: yes Camelot Puppy Sanctuary is helping to arrange transport
Additional Info/situation: This is my sister who is flying to Maui and bringing back 2(of the 4 dogs living with this man) but can't take the other two at the same time, mainly because the little older dog is lame and cant fly in cargo.
These dogs have been with her son who has been homeless in Maui for 6 months, so she is attempting to get them ALL back to SF.
Attachments
ginger2sm.jpg
ginger2sm.jpg (3.05 KiB) Viewed 394 times
litttlebush2 (2).jpg
litttlebush2 (2).jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 394 times

Pgdignan

Re: 2 dogs being left by homeless man, have home in SF

Post by Pgdignan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 am

I don't know if it's of ANY help at all, but my wife and I could take the smaller dog from Maui to Honolulu if you've got someone to arrange follow-on transit. Let me know.

Ladyflier
Zip Code: 94571
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: O88
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by Ladyflier » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 am

How tall is the small dog? It looks a little too big for the cabin. Does it fit in a sherpa bag? Continental has a pet safe transportation program.
Sue Clark
Rio Vista, Ca.
[email protected]
Pilot transporter/Rescue coordinator
925 997-4778 txt ok

Camelot

Post by Camelot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:22 am

i will find out, she's just too fragil to be in cargo. Thanks sooooo much for the info.

Camelot

Post by Camelot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am

Is it even resonable to think that we could get a Pilots n Paws flight to San Francisco? I will check out the Continnental restrictions. if they fly from Honolulu, your transportation offer might be a godsend.
We have time to move the dogs, just have a family member going to be in Maui until Saturday.

If you might know anyone that could foster the little terrier (she's 13 and gimpy and sweet) we can schedule a commercial flight anytime.

I AM so grateful for any suggestions.

Pgdignan

Post by Pgdignan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 am

We can't foster the dog (we rent), but let me know if you need transport from Maui to Honolulu (or Kauai, etc.). We have a small plane and can we can pretty much get the little dog to any other airport if you need it.

Camelot

Post by Camelot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 am

Your're a gem for offering! i'll update here and let you know, what occurs there in the next day or two.

Camelot

Post by Camelot » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks to all. The dogs are all safe now and will be transported off Maui, by commercial Aircraft.