PILOTS, YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

PILOTS, YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

Postby admin on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Good morning pilots! I wanted to thank each of you for volunteering your time, your planes, your rescources to help rescue groups and others give animals their chance to be adopted into a loving home. Those of us in rescue realize that this is not something any of you "have" to do, but your kind hearts are shining through and you are doing it! Hundreds of animals have now escaped euthanasia and found their loving homes thanks to your generosity.

As with any new organization, we have some growing pains and a few little bumps in the road but nothing we cannot work through. Communication is the key and working together, the number of animals saved will far outweigh any speedbumps!

Thank you all and remember, if you are new to transport, please read the various guidelines and get in touch with other pilots who have now become seasoned veterans of rescue transports. I know they would be happy to share their stories and experiences.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Re: PILOTS, YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

Postby Jon on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Debi is correct. One question we can never answer, (and maybe pilots can help) is how many animals have been rescued?

This is a good place to respond. If you have done any rescues, please post how many animals you have transported. Then when someone asks how many animals have pilots flying PNP missions saved, maybe we can give a reasonable answer.
Jon

Postby jpschulz on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:00 am

I have flown 6 dogs.

Ruby, an young Doberman.

And five Irish Setter puppies.
jpschulz

Postby artsmonster on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:37 am

Only one so far. Willsboro S.C. to Ft. Laud. "Smokey"

That was my first flight for pnp. Looking back it seems like a long time ago. We're up to around 20 missions or so, (I lost count) and about 60 or so pups in total. After meeting other volunteer pilots, ground volunteers, and foster "parents" I could not possibly have met a finer class of people. All thanks to my Mom, a foster in Philadelphia who sent me a link one day and said "OK, so now that you have a plane, you need to contact these people". I don't know about your Moms, but mine is pretty....well let's say "convincing"! Once again, "thanks Mom"!
artsmonster

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services