Lab needs flight(s) from Philly, PA to Cape Cod, MA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Doris_in_Georgia

Lab needs flight(s) from Philly, PA to Cape Cod, MA

Post by Doris_in_Georgia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Transport can happen during the week or on the weekend. Two pilots may be needed for the journey.

Number of animals being transported: one
Breeds, weight, age: Black lab mix, female, 8 mos, 40 lbs
Health Condition: excellent
Heartworm Status: negative
Vaccinations: up-to-date
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: spayed
Special needs: Pilots will need to provide own crate, if desired, or rescue can provide harness and leash

Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: The Rescue Express, Media, PA
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Approved adopter, Cape Cod, MA
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Transport Coordinator, Doris Godwin, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: yes (The Rescue Express)

Additional Info/situation:

Onyx was saved from a kill shelter in GA and transported to The Rescue Express in PA in November. She has been in foster care while being posted for adoption. A wonderful family, who lives near an adopter for another dog from this rescue, was found on Cape Cod, references were checked, and the family was approved. They are very eager to get Onyx home before the new year so they can enjoy her before school and work resume!

The distance is approx. 260 nm and will likely require two pilots.

Some airports near sending rescue: Brandywine in West Chester (OQN), Wings Field in Blue Bell (LOM), NE Philadelphia (PNE), Chester County/Carlson in Coatesville (MQS), or New Castle in Wilmington (ILG)

Some airports near receiving family: Barnstable Muni in Hyannis (HYA), Marshfield Muni/Harlow Field (GHG), New Bedord Regional (EWB), or Plymouth Muni (PYM)

Or other nearby airports as requested by pilot. If you can fly this sweet dog to her new home, please respond with your preferred origin and destination airports, contact info (phone, email), and available date(s).

Thank you in advance,
Doris
onyx 1.jpg
Onyx 2.jpg
Last edited by Doris_in_Georgia on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyler48
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Lab needs flight(s) from Philly, PA to Cape Cod, MA

Post by Tyler48 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:59 am

Hello Doris,
If you can manage the logistics of moving Onyx with another pilot toward a halfway point between PA and Cape Cod (KHYA), possibly KHVN, KGON or KWST then I could offer the final leg to any of the airports you reference as near the receiving family. I am based in KEWB, and available on Dec 22,23,24 in the earlier hours of the day not after 4 PM or anytime on the 28th. Thank you.

Tyler Gomes
PIper Archer
[email protected]
(508)982-3647

763ersma27

Post by 763ersma27 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:24 am

Hello,

Please call me, i can do the full Leg, PNE to EWB on Saturday..

Chad
850-849-7096

Tyler48
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Tyler48 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:47 am

Hi Doris,
I can move into a backup slot if needed for you, no problem at all. Chad's offer of a direct flight is spectacular and more beneficial for Onyx than a multistop. You have my contact and email, if needed. Thank you.
Tyler

Doris_in_Georgia

Post by Doris_in_Georgia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:06 am

Thanks to all the wonderful, kind, and generous pilots who offered to help Onyx fly to her new home. We received several offers to fly her all the way this weekend, so I think we're set to go. Enjoy your holidays, one and all!

Doris and
The Rescue Express and
Onyx's new family