Arizona Based Pilot

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Arizona Based Pilot

Postby mmeyer on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:00 pm

I am a commerical/instrument pilot. I own a Cessna 182RG.
Happy to help in the Southwest.
mmeyer

Re: Arizona Based Pilot

Postby Debi on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi Mark,

Thank you for joining. We occassionally have requests for your area and hopefully, when one comes along, you will be in a position to help. We appreciate your being here!

Debi
Debi
Co-founder

Postby carolcravens on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi,
My name is Carol Cravens. I am the Washington State Italian Greyhound Rescue Representative based in Seattle. Currently there are an excess of rescued dogs in the state of Arizona without homes and we have an excess of aproved homes in Seattle but no available dogs. Do you ever make flights to Seattle? And would you be willing to transport a dog to us?
Thank you.
Carol
carolcravens

Postby Jon on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Carol,

Arizona to Seattle is a long run and beyond the non-stop range for most of the pilots and planes on this site.

I would not rule out General Aviation because of that however. The first thing I would suggest you do is for you and your Arizona counterparts to buttonhole the corporate aircraft owners or managers based in your respective areas. Plead your case and see if any with turbo prop or jet aircraft make runs between the two places, and if they do, see if they want to be good citizens by doing rescue flights.

As an alternative you could go to Steve's map and contact the pilots along the route to see if there is any interest in doing a relay, which might take a couple of days and require someone to foster the pups during the overnight.
Jon

Postby rylan01 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Mark
There is a rescue that needs transport from the Phoenix/Scottsdale area to Denver....please check the "rides needed" forum for a post on this pup.....there is also a CO pilot who can fly south to meet you and the pup....

Not sure if this works for everyone involved, but worth looking into..

Thanks for volunteering..

Sarah
rylan01

Postby SilverHounds on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Mark, could you take little Sandy to Denver? She's a shy chihuahua mix who is excellent in her crate. I am in Flagstaff, but we would get her to you in Scottsdale.
My email holly @ silverhounds.org (remove spaces)
THANK YOU!
Holly Mastromatto
Silver Hounds
Senior Italian Greyhound Rescue & Rehoming
Northern Arizona
http://www.silverhounds.org
928-863-1942
SilverHounds

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services