Mom & her 11 newborn pups

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
wcurtis10

Re: Mom & her 11 newborn pups

Post by wcurtis10 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:29 am

ALL
I have scheduled the flight for 3 January WEATHER Permitting
Jim Sass IFR CFII will co-pilot, Bill Curtis IFR Private Pilot will Pilot
Jim Sass and I will depart JYO in VA at 7:00 am and arrive at Morehead between 9:30 and 10:00. Will depart Morehead between 10:00 and 10:30 and arrive Sky Manor 2:30 later at 12:30 to 1:00. Will update times as the day goes on.

Need Cell phone and names of people to contact at both locations.

I have Kennel air for Daisy and could use something for the pups. Will have entire back of M20J Mooney for the group.

Trip logs attached.
Picture of airplane attached.
Picture of Dasher – to NY on Dec 28
Please do not feed the dogs the morning of the flight, most dogs are OK but some like people get air sick.

All questions and suggestions welcome
Will Post on Pilots N Paws

Thank you
Bill Curtis
[email protected]
571-237-8852

wcurtis10

Post by wcurtis10 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 pm

All this is copy of my E-mail for the record

Teresa
Great.
Let’s check a few things.
We are talking about Morehead-Rowan Clyde KY Airport (M97)
We will drop off the group at Sky Manor Airport (N40) in Pittstown NJ.
I have a dog kennel for mother
You will have a crate for the pups, I will also have one for them and if it works you will be able to keep yours
Dogs will not be fed or have too much water the morning of the flight.
I suggest you provide me some small amount of food that I can give mother after we land, I will have water and water dish. I have leash.

They will be in the air for about 2 ½ hours
I will call you from VA just before we take off to give you an accurate time for arrival. I will call before we take off from Morehead.

All: you can track flight progress by going to http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N201AK

Anything else you can think of?

wcurtis10

Post by wcurtis10 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 am

All Change in Dates!!!!!
Jim Sass and I are doing a rescue on 2 Jan from KJYO out to Acorn OH. After looking at that trip and the trip for Daisy I think the smart thing to do is to fly from Acorn OH to Morehead KT and pick up the Daisy and her 11 pups on Jan 2nd and bring them to my home in VA. Then fly them to NJ on 3 Jan.

The schedule would go like this:
Jan 2 2013
Depart KJYO at 8:00 am 2 Jan, Arrive KAOO and pick up Boo and take her to Aaron arriving at 10:15.
Depart Acorn at 11:00 for Morehead and arrive 12:30 2 Jan
Pick up Daisy and 11 Pubs and depart Morehead 13:30 and arrive Leesburg Va 15:30 2 Jan.

Jan 3 2013
Depart KJYO at 10:00 and arrive about 11:15 -- deliver Daisy and 11 Pups.
Depart N40 12:00 arrive KJYO 13:15

Please confirm that this can work for all concerened. So Far the weather is looking good.

Happy New Year!!!

Fallin

Post by Fallin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:50 am

I am brand new on this board. Can fly them from Ohio to NJ if VFR. If not, I can maybe wrangle a friend for IFR. Call me or email me if I can be of help. I can drive them if nothing else.

HF
Cherokee 180

wcurtis10

Post by wcurtis10 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 am

Great to Have you
Jim Sass and i have this covered for tomorrow. We are flying to Akron to drop off a dog and then will go to KT to get mother and pups.

If for some reason this does not work I will get back to you.

I will post on on Web
Bill

wcurtis10

Post by wcurtis10 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 am

ALL
Jim and I have updated our plans and will make the total trip for mother and pups on 2 Jan
Will will be at Morehead about 11:45 with a departure at 12:45 we should arrive at Sky Manor at 3:15 PM 2 Jan
Bill
Attachments
PNP2 Jan 2012.pdf
(250.17 KiB) Downloaded 22 times