Benson, AZ 85602 to El Paso, TX 79925

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
bensonanimalshelter

Benson, AZ 85602 to El Paso, TX 79925

Post by bensonanimalshelter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: American Pitbull mix, 70 lbs, 2-3 yrs
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: None
Vaccinations: Rabies and parvo/distemper
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Benson Animal Shelter
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Elizabeth Alfaro
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): work ph: 520-586-3600 or email: [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: The adopting party is willing to drive to El Paso, TX to pick the dog up from the pilot and would like to see if it can be done Jan. 6th. She would be able to be at the airport around 4pm. If not that day then please advise but it sounds like Sundays are best working days for her.
Last edited by bensonanimalshelter on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAR
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No

Re: Benson, AZ 85602 to El Paso, TX 79925

Post by HAR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:22 pm

I could do it Sunday Jan. 6 but i would need to make the pickup in Benson about 9;30 AM and be in El Paso about noon. I need to be back in Phoenix by 3;00 PM. This offer is VFR weather permitting.

HAR

bensonanimalshelter

Post by bensonanimalshelter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

If you can do this on Sunday that would be great. I will be at the shelter in Benson on Sunday cleaning and the airport is only a couple minutes away from the shelter which makes it easy for me to transport him over to you. I have spoke with the adopting party and she said she will be in El Paso on Sunday at noon to meet with you to pick him up. I also want to make sure that it is El Paso International that you will be flying in to or is there a smaller different one I need to tell her you will be at? I am including her name and ph number as well. I'm not sure if the ph number is a cell or home phone, I did call her and leave a message asking her if she has a cell number that I can give you. Her name is Elizabeth Alfaro and her number is 210-842-6121. My name is Laurie and I'm the supervisor at the shelter where the dog is at. My work cell number so you can reach me is 520-265-0110 and I always have it on. I'm hoping the weather forecast doesn't change as it looks like good weather thru the weekend but you never know so I will keep my fingers crossed. Thank you for doing this.

HAR

Post by HAR » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Laurie,

I plan to be at the Benson Airport at Southwestern Aviation at 9:30 AM Sunday morning. We should be able to load the dog in the carrier, have a cup of coffee and be off by 10:15 AM. that will put us in to El Paso International about 11:45 AM. I plan to stop at Cutter Aviation which is on the South side of the airport close to the airport tower. Their phone number is (915) 779-0270. My airplane number is N859C. My cell phone number is (602) 826-6111. I left a call for Elizabeth to call me.

Harry Amster

HAR

Post by HAR » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am

Laurie,

The flight from Benson to El Paso was smooth and with out incident, other than Zane got airsick. When we arrived in el Paso he was happy to get out of the kennel and happy to meet Elizabeth. She said since he came from Benson she might change his name to Benson. We spent about 30 minutes getting acquainted (Elizabeth, Harry and Zane) and then I said goodbye to "Benson" and was on my way to Phoenix. I hope that the final leg to San Antonio was without incident.

Harry

bensonanimalshelter

Post by bensonanimalshelter » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Harry,

Thanks for the update on the flight. I have talked to Elizabeth since she got Zane, now aka Benson and she said he did ok on the ride back to San Antonio but she was in the process of giving him a bath this morning haha. Thank you again for flying him for us.

Laurie