Dallas to Denver

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
karoline

Dallas to Denver

Post by karoline » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Number of animals being transported: up to 5 dogs need a ride.. we can do more than one trip.
Breeds, weight, age:
Retreiver Mix, Border Collie Mix, Lab Mix, St. Bernard, Samoyed Mix, Retreiver Mix, Hound Mix
Weights Range from 33 pounds to 67 pounds.
Health Condition: all good and fully vetted
Heart worm Status: all but one are HW negative
Vaccinations: All
Health Certificate: Yes, will be current with flight
Spay/Neutered: All Neutered/ Spayed.
Special needs: Just need a ride :)
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Mountain Dog Rescue/ Blue Moon Akita Rescue/ Colorado Saint Bernard Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Emily Wolf, Karena Carlson, Laura Jesik
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: YES
Additional Info/situation: All dogs are from high-kill shelters and have resuce/ adopters in Colorado. All adopters are fully vetted with home visits. If you can help any of these dogs we would very much appreciate it. We are happy to provide references and promise to be a great group to work with.
Last edited by karoline on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

watson14
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Dallas to Denver

Post by watson14 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:00 pm

I am based at Addison airport (KADS) {DFW area} and am available this weekend. I can go as far as the Texas Panhandle with Borger, TX preferred.

One problem that I see is that we have some big dogs to move and they may not fit in a crate that can fit in a small aircraft. Thus this may need some planning on what dogs go. In my plane one large crate and one very small crate is my max. I can handle a medium crate and a big dog on a tether (not in a crate) or two and possibly three medium crates.

John Watson
[email protected]

karoline

Post by karoline » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm

John,

Just logged into the site with success :)

I am thinking that perhaps another weekend in Januray would be good since we don't yet have a pilot from Colorado... I did hear of a driver willing to drive from Colorado... But she needs to pickup a Saint Bernard who is 70 pounds! Guessing she may not fit?

Thoughts on another weekend? There is another pilot, Ken, in Dallas also willing to fly maybe mid JAnuary, but I only know of Joe with a large plane in Colorado and he isn't flying right now. Do you know anyone else I could contact?

Thank you so much for all you do John!

Karoline

djm1955
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLMO

Post by djm1955 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

I may be able to help. This weekend would be out. I can fly during the week.

I am a new PNP pilot. Not sure what I can do. I have a c182.

Dan, djm1955

karoline

Post by karoline » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Afternoon.. Thank you for posting Are you based in Texas or Colorado?

karoline

Post by karoline » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Dan,

Ken from Dallas would like to meet in Elk City,Ok on Friday this week. We have a few dogs.. 2 are 30 pounds, one is a lab so I think larger. I emailed you trying to connect you with Ken the other pilot in Dallas as I will me off line as I'm coming one from a business trip in NYC.

Thank you solo much for your post. We also already have another pilot bringing the dogs from Houston to Dallas so it will be a three step and fun!

Karoline

kenvolk

Post by kenvolk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi Karoline, working with Lynn and will send you an e-mail .Ken

djm1955

Post by djm1955 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm

I am getting confused. Remember this is my 1st time. Who is Ken and what happened to John Watson and meeting him in Borger, TX. What am I doing?

djm1955

Post by djm1955 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 am

I am rethinking this flight. It seems that I keep getting further in mileage. Can the meeting place be further north toward Denver? This will be 5 to 6 weeks of my flying budget. I was hoping to keep my trips to 200 to 250. This is now over 400.

karoline

Post by karoline » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 am

DJM1955-- I have an email chain going of pilots all possibly able to help and work with your flight distance, I'd love to add you to that, but do not have your email address. I would hope we could figure out the flight time/ distance issues. Also, might be helpful for you to connect with other pilots as they could have good info for you on how it all works.

I am going to post any progress on this plan back to the board.

Sincerely,

Karoline
[email protected]