URGENT-3 PUPPIES FOUND IN DITCH NEED FLIGHT TO DENVER

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mountainpetrescue
Zip Code: 80482
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

URGENT-3 PUPPIES FOUND IN DITCH NEED FLIGHT TO DENVER

Post by mountainpetrescue » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Number of animals being transported: 3
Breeds, weight, age: lab mix, 16lbs each, 3 mos
Health Condition: healthy
Heart worm Status: N/A
Vaccinations: DAPP
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered: no
Special needs:
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Amanda Wise
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Mountain Pet Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Sybil @ Mountain Pet Rescue - [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: VERY SAD STORY...
Sender, Amanda Wise, got a call from a man that travels nearby country road daily & he said there was a momma dog & pups that appeared to be living in a hole dug in the side of the ditch. He said he had not seen the momma the last couple days so he was concerned for the pups. She drove 45 mintues away to finally find these guys! Momma was dead in the ditch, she guesses hit by a car. There was a very run-down house, camper, abandoned vehicles, etc. less than a 1/4 of a mile away so Amanda stopped to ask if they knew about the dogs. The only person who would come outside to talk to Amanda was a teenage girl, she was very shy & hesitant when asked about the dogs. She started crying & eventually Amanda got out of her that the momma dog (appeared to be a Yellow Lab, maybe mix) was indeed hers but once she had become pregnant her dad no longer let her take the dog inside or feed her. She said the daddy dog was a shepherd looking dog that was a stray & her dad shot it after they realized her dog was pregnant. She said there were 7 pups to begin with but they just started disappearing. Her dad told her it was the coyotes eating them??? Amanda asked about speaking with a parent & she said she was home alone. She was very upset & crying the whole time. Amanda asked what they planned to do with the remaining pups & she said nothing, her dad won't let her feed them & told her they would all eventually get eaten by the coyotes. Amanda inquired about taking these pups & she said PLEASE DO.

Currenty these pups are in a kennel in the country which is better than where they were, but not the best place (especially for newly vaccinated puppies). They will not be accepted onto ground transport to Colorado until they have had two vaccinations and they must be spaced at least two weeks apart (although even that is too close for our comfort). We hope that someone can bring them to Colorado and help us get them into a safe, secure foster home sooner!
Last edited by mountainpetrescue on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphey

Re: URGENT-3 PUPPIES FOUND IN DITCH NEED FLIGHT TO DENVER

Post by murphey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Tell me when - I can go get them pretty much any time. Weather looks great for the next week or so.

DHAGLIN

Post by DHAGLIN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

I would be able to get them Sat the 19th let me know. Dana Haglin 720-394-2477

murphey

Post by murphey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm bringing them from ULS to APA on Monday, Jan 21. Is there anyone available to pick them up and take them to Steamboat, weather permitting?

FlyBuddy

Post by FlyBuddy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 am

I might be able to this weekend (Fri/Sat)--wx permitting.
You should put this route in as a separate request. Have the pups made it to Denver? Again, I'd recommend closing this one as done and put in another request.
Lynn
720 341 4739

murphey

Post by murphey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:08 am

FlyBuddy wrote:I might be able to this weekend (Fri/Sat)--wx permitting.
You should put this route in as a separate request. Have the pups made it to Denver? Again, I'd recommend closing this one as done and put in another request.
Lynn
720 341 4739
If the weather clears at ULS this morning, I'm on my way to bring them to Denver. (1/21) Ground transport is meeting me at APA this afternoon.

murphey

Post by murphey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am

Latest update (1/21, 9:23 am MST) - murphey can't go. Discovered an oil leak under the engine when I arrived at the hangar. Both shops are closed, so I can't even get an estimate on time before tomorrow. Lynn, Dana, anyone available this week?

Please - puppies have new home but can't get there.

*whine*

mountainpetrescue

Post by mountainpetrescue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm

We have had a Denver foster open up so just need to get them from Ulysses to Denver....no longer need Steamboat segment.
Puppies have been bathed... are clean & ready for travel...the sooner, the better....
If anyone else can help this week, please let me know! Sybil - 970-531-3224

mountainpetrescue

Post by mountainpetrescue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Lynn....

Checking with folks in KS to see if Fri/Sat would work on their end...

Thanks! Sybil

mountainpetrescue

Post by mountainpetrescue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Ulysses rescuer, Amanda, will make anyday work and is making certain that diarrhea with one of the pups doesn't worsen or spread to others so delay may not be a bad thing. Just let us know when weather looks good and a pilot/plane is ready to go!

Thanks! Sybil