Chattanooga, TN to Dayton, OH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jlcundiff
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Chattanooga, TN to Dayton, OH

Post by jlcundiff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 pm

I have a chocolate lab mix that I am trying to get to Detroit, MI. Oliver B has offered to fly the dog from Dayton, OH to Detroit, MI for me - now I need to see if a pilot will take the dog from Chattanooga, TN to Dayton, OH. This dog is extremely difficult to get in and out of a car- fearful, so I'm afraid ground transport would not be a good choice.

This dog was pulled to an animal shelter in GA and going to a no kill rescue in Detroit, MI.

Thanks.

Carlean
[email protected]

[map:37401-45401]6929[/map]
Last edited by jlcundiff on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desmoss

Re: Chattanooga, TN to Dayton, OH

Post by Desmoss » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Carlean, I read the earlier post regarding TN to KMGY... I can work this either Saturday or Sunday, 6/13 or 6/14, preferably before noon... I can pick up in TN and deliver to I68, just 6-miles south of KMGY, saves an extra cycle. If the exchange pilot and yourself can each reply ...

Oliver182

Post by Oliver182 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Sunday 14th will work out great for me, the earlier in the day the better. I can meet at Warren Co, no problem.

Carlean - this dog will need to ride un-crated in my baggage compartment. She will need to have a harness (not just a collar) for safety so I can snap her to a cargo tie-down. That way she will be able to stand and turn around but not get up and over the seat into the cabin.

I will be flying into KDET, the downtown Detroit airport - NOT the international airport. Here is the street address for whomever will be meeting the flight:

Coleman A. Young Airport
Signature Flight Support
11499 Conner Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48213
Phone: 313.527.6620

- Oliver

jlcundiff

Post by jlcundiff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm

This will work Sunday - the 14th it is - I will get the information to you Oliver on who you will meeting and their cell phone numbers

A harness is not a problem - I would prefer to send her with a harness and leash - I will have all her paperwork.

My phone number is 706 676 0270 - cell phone Carlean Cundiff

Thanks again.

jlcundiff

Post by jlcundiff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Just let me know what time to have Carly (the dog) to Chattanooga airport and I will meet you. I have taken other dogs for flight to Chattanooga, TN so I am familair with it.

Has anybody told you lately - you pilots are the best!

Carlean

Desmoss

Post by Desmoss » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Carlean, Oliver; Sunday 6/14 sounds great for me!! Would each send contact info to [email protected] and I'll return same.
Carlean; the pick-up airport is KCHA, aka "Lovell Field", please confirm. Carley has all travel docs? Vacs and rabies paperwork? I guess I missed the breed, age and weight, please share. I have medium carrier, 24x26x17... is there any reason Carly should not be shipped in a carrier?
Oliver; I would like to be in KCHA at 14:00Z latest (9:00 CST for Carlean) and expecting to return to I68 by 16:15Z, I can back this up if you need, please let me know your schedule.

Mike

jlcundiff

Post by jlcundiff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Mike and Oliver,

Sunday 9:00 a.m. at - Lovell Field in Chattanooga, TN is the starting point for Carley's travel up North. Carley will have all her travel documents shots/rabies and health certificate. The receiving rescue will spay her upon arrival, they can get it done cheaper than I can down here. She is a chocolate lab that came from Rome Co. Animal Control, in Rome, GA going to Retro Doggy Rescue in Commerce, MI. Carly had stopped eating for 2 days at the shelter, she thought it was the end of the road for her - when I pulled her she was in shock, but has come out of it quickly. She is about 2-3 years old, female, about 60-70 pounds - a big girl that is not fond of getting in or out of a car, can be lured with treats and bones (which I will provide). No, Carley should be fine in a carrier.

I will have harness/leash and collar for her as well.

I will email you both off line with the contact info for the person receiving the dog.

Oliver, just let me know what time you will arrive Downtown Detroit airport and I will let the rescue personnel know.

Thank you so much for helping in saving Carly.

Carlean

Oliver182

Post by Oliver182 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Your original post didn't indicate quite how big she is! Will she be able to fit through a 16" x 20" baggage compartment door? I'm concerned that boarding her might be difficult, especially if she thinks it's a car!

jlcundiff

Post by jlcundiff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Oliver - send me a your email address and I will send you a picture of her, I will let you make the final decision on whether she will fit or not. My husband and I both think she will fit through the door, I assume the baggage compartment isn't 16" x 20" - My husband has had her jumping in and out of the car and the garage with him tonight with no problem. He thinks the reluctance is the shell shock coming out of the shelter, but she is jumping around tonight, she's a lot happier today than she was yesterday each day she gets happier.

jlcundiff

transport arranged Chattanooga, TN to Dayton, OH

Post by jlcundiff » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:47 pm

transport arranged, just waiting for tomorrow to call it complete.