A ride for Glory... The miracle girl

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: A ride for Glory... The miracle girl

Post by waderoberts » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Carrie,

Could you list the possible legs, and whether they seem to be covered or not. I flew a Houston-San Antonio rescue yesterday (Great Dane that was picked up with a choke collar embedded in his neck; it had to be surgically removed, and a 4-week-old German Shepherd pup. The desk attendant at 5C1/Boerne Stage mentioned that her mom flew PnP missions. I'm flying back there tomorrow to transport a Dogo back to Houston. I can see if I can get some contact details for her. I can also email another pilot I know in San Antonio I've connected with on missions.

Best,
Wade, Snags, Fifinella, Cessna, Rufas Thibodeaux, and Pif
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

CarrieBowman
Pilot?: No

Post by CarrieBowman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Wade, I will post everything tonight. I will give you a call also here in about an hour.

CarrieBowman

Post by CarrieBowman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Okay this is what i have so far. Jim Carney will take Glory somewhere in MS or LA to meet up with Wade, Wade will fly back to Houston. I have Ken willing to fly from Albuquerque to somewhere around Midland, TX back to Albuquerque where Leo will fly Glory to Phoenix and from Phoenix Jim Kenney will fly Glory home. So now all I have left is to get her from Houston to Midland. We are getting there !!!! I am hoping to shoot for the weekend of Feb. 2. Please let me know if this is a good weekend for everyone. I have already talked with Leo and Jim Carney about this weekend and they are okay with it so far. I will be working on the Houston to Midland flight now. I want to thank everyone. I know this is a long trip and I so much appreciate what all you do to help. I absolutely love the ya'll !!!

Thanks,
Carrie Bowman

CarrieBowman

Post by CarrieBowman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 pm

I am hoping to get this scheduled for next Sunday. Please let me know if Sunday would work for ya'll

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Airport identifier: KLVJ

Post by waderoberts » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Good for me. After a few weeks of weird weather this time of year (lots of thunderstorms, lingering fog/mist, etc.), it looks as if conditions are going to start to improve by next Thursday.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

All,
Next weekend would work for me.
Jim Carney
PNP TN

CarrieBowman

Post by CarrieBowman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Okay, spoke with Jim Kenney on the phone earlier today, he is the last leg on this flight, and he can not do it Sunday but can do it on Saturday so maybe we can start out Friday on this flight and the pup can crash at someone's house then get to Phoenix on Saturday afternoon. How is everyone on this plan???

CarrieBowman

Post by CarrieBowman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Just spoke with Leo who is the Albuquerque to Phoenix leg and he said that Saturday was great with him getting the dog to Phoenix. He could even board the dog overnite if we get it that far on Friday. I also just spoke with Ken who is the Albuquerque to around the Midland area and he said Friday an Saturday either would work for him. Looking great. Thanks ya'll, love what you do :)

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 pm

All,
As of now, I can not fly untll Sat. Sorry but I will be taking my Baron to the Paducah, KY shop ( gear problem) and will stay with it untill it is fixed. If for some reason this doesn't happen, I should know by Thursday.
Jim

CarrieBowman

Post by CarrieBowman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Okay All, I just spoke with Wade and after reading Jim's latest post we have decided to go back to leaving out on Saturday and Glory staying the night in Albuquerque on Saturday then arriving in Phoenix on Sunday. I am in the process of finding another last leg from Phoenix on in to Orange Co, CA. If anyone can do the last leg on Sunday that would be great.