URGENT - NC DOG WHO WAS SHOT NEEDS TO GET TO SAFETY

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

URGENT - NC DOG WHO WAS SHOT NEEDS TO GET TO SAFETY

Postby rpetriello on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Collie Mix, approx. 45-50 lbs, 5 years old
Health Condition: Overall healthy, but recovering from gunshot wounds, has buckshot in his rear and a permanently deformed paw.
Heart worm Status: positive
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: available, if needed
Spay/Neutered: yes
Special needs: requires a human who will show him compassion and make him feel cared for!!!
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: A Shelter Friend
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Pet Haven Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Rosemary Petriello (908) 816-0901
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: This dog has been shot at least 3 times. He has schrapnel in his backside, including buckshot, he has a deformed front paw, is heartworm positive, and has basically never been shown love in his lifetime. He now has the chance to know what love feels like, but we need to get him there. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!! PHOTOS OF SKEET & HIS X-RAYS ARE AVAILABLE BY EMAIL, BUT I AM UNABLE TO ATTACH THEM TO THIS POSTING NOW. I APOLOGIZE!!
rpetriello

Re: URGENT - NC DOG WHO WAS SHOT NEEDS TO GET TO SAFETY

Postby Albertadams33 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:42 am

I am happy to be part of this transport if possible. If someone can fly him to anywhere in N Florida, I'll fly from Tampa and meet up to fly to West palm beach.
Albertadams33

Re: URGENT - NC DOG WHO WAS SHOT NEEDS TO GET TO SAFETY

Postby jgordon1 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:30 am

I am based at Wilmington, NC (KILM) and can complete this entire trip. I am flying from Wilmington, NC to West Palm Beach, FL on Friday, February 22. I will call the number tomorrow morning/afternoon to hopefully coordinate. I can fly to Elizabethtown for the pickup, or can meet at Wilmington which isn't too far.

John
jgordon1

Return to "DONE" Transports Complete