2 Aussies:Charlotte,NC area-Carmel, NY or Durham, CT 6/20

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
gaylelay

2 Aussies:Charlotte,NC area-Carmel, NY or Durham, CT 6/20

Post by gaylelay » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 am

Good morning..

We have two female Australian Shepherds who need a ride either 6/20 or 6/21. Puppers are in the Charlotte, NC area and need to go to either Durham, CT or Carmel, NY. Both dogs will be vaccinated, spayed and traveling with vet records.. One female is 47 lbs and the other is 35-40 lbs.

These dogs are ARPH dogs (http://www.aussierescue.org). ARPH is the 501c3 rescue arm of the natl Australian Shepherd breed club, ASCA. Sending and receiving parties are ARPH reps.

I am a rep in VA and I'm helping out my fellow reps. Traditional transport will be long and tiring for these two girls.

Please contact: Gayle Lay, [email protected] or 804.833.4960 (c) for details.

Thanks,

Gayle Lay

[map:28201-10512]7175[/map]

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Aussies:Charlotte,NC area-Carmel, NY or Durham, CT 6/20

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:20 pm

If the weather permits, I may be flying from Frederick, Maryland (FDK) to Islip, New York (ISP) this weekend. Danbury, Connecticut (DXR) is almost on the way and is pretty close to Carmel, so IF someone can get them to (or close to) Frederick and IF I'm able to make the flight, I could leave them off on the way.

A lot of IFs, I know. At this point, the weekend's weather can't be predicted reliably enough to be useful.

-- DJK

gaylelay

Post by gaylelay » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 am

Dear DJK:

Good morning.. I hope all is well with you..

Thank you SO much for your offer... I fully understand that it is contingent upon the weather conditions.. When might you know, with a reasonable certainly whether the weather (no pun intended) will be conducive to flying?

Let me know and I will keep checking back with you!

Sincerely,

Gayle Lay

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi, Gayle. At this point, the forecast isn't encouraging, but I'm not giving up hope before the end of the week.

Even when things look good, of course, there's always the chance that the forecasts will be far enough off to make it necessary to cancel at the last minute. The final decision is made just before leaving home for the airport (or sometimes after arriving there), but usually we have a reasonably good idea the day before.

By the way, my name's David. I probably would not have time to fly down to the Charlotte area the same day (which I'd otherwise love to do), so even if things clean up we'll still need to find another pilot to fly the first leg.

If it ends up waiting another week, and conditions are suitable, I might be able to do the entire thing. I'll check back in tomorrow (Thursday).

Best,

-- DJK

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 am

A postscript on Thursday morning: There are also two Border collies who are trying to get from York, S.C. (not far south of Charlotte; the nearest airport is Rock Hill [UZA]) to Carlisle, Pa. It might be possible to combine these if the pilots involved can fit four dogs into their airplanes.

At this point, Saturday's forecast has gotten worse but Sunday's may have improved a bit. We'll keep watching.

-- DJK

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Gayle -- I'm sorry to say that I've had to scrub any plans to fly this weekend; tomorrow's weather looks prohibitive, and I have too many other overdue obligations on Sunday. I'll continue to watch this posting.

If you need to e-mail me directly, I'm [email protected].

Best,

-- DJK

gaylelay

Re:2 Aussies:Charlotte,NC-Carmel, NY- 6/20-DONE

Post by gaylelay » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Please close this request. Thought it was already closed.

Thanks,

Gayle Lay