Milton FL to Cary NC scheduled for 3/22-25

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ddruan

Milton FL to Cary NC scheduled for 3/22-25

Post by ddruan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age: English Pointer Male 44 lbs 1.5 yrs old
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: neg
Vaccinations: UTD, current
Health Certificate:Yes
Spay/Neutered: no
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Pointer rescue.ORG
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Pointer rescue.ORG
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Debbie Druan 508 982 1493, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Skinny Pointer needs to get to foster home to get going on starting a new Healthy Life. Thank you. He can be flown at any time.

Debbie Druan
508 982 1493,
[email protected]
Transport Coordinator
Pointer Rescue
pointerrescue.org
602002_549424765077686_1657158992_n.jpg
602002_549424765077686_1657158992_n.jpg (6.27 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Last edited by ddruan on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KISM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Milton FL to Cary NC

Post by cmasiero » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Debbie,

I will be flying from Atlanta to Charlotte this Sunday (17th) , so will be happy to fly this dog for 1 leg.

I will start from PDK (Atlanta) if someone can bring him there or i will be happy to go to another airport in GA to pick him up to connect with another flight from FL. If you don't have another flight from LKR to Raleigh I am fine going RDU if needed too.

Let me know,
Last edited by cmasiero on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

tsslater
Zip Code: 27615
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KRDU

Post by tsslater » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 pm

I can fly final leg to Raleigh Durham from somewhere in SC. Prefer next Saturday 3/16. Contact me if other legs work out.

Tom Slater
N1433S RDU
[email protected]
N1433S
KRDU

ddruan

Post by ddruan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Thank you gentlmen , we will wait to see if we can get leg 1 to connect to leg 2 & 3.

samlowe
Airport identifier: 2R4
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by samlowe » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 am

I can fly from Milton (2R4) to somewhere about 1/2 way. Since I am new to the group it would be helpful to know what size crate would be required. I have seen several posts from another pilot (Lyle Prouse) offering to make the trip but he wants to know the crate size. I often see notes asking for crates and the pilots get them for free as they are available but we don't have all sizes and need transport suggestions and minimum crate requirements (qty and sizes).

How are transitions usually made - are animals transferred to another crate or are crates swapped? Just curious.

Sam Lowe
N2KG
Sam Lowe
Cardinal N2KG

cmasiero

Post by cmasiero » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Sam,

Welcome on board! You will find these PNP flights being the most rewarding flights you can make (with Young Eagles and Angel Flights).

You can read more about logistics on the PNP forum, under the Pilots guidelines.

I have done about 20 missions so far, some without crates with the dogs (up to 4) just being loosely tethered in the back and some with dogs in crates (I had up to 6 dogs in the plane, depending on their sizes, sometimes mid-size dogs can be teamed up by pairs in 1 single crate). For me, the decision factor is based on following points:
- behavior of the dog(s) - older, calmer dogs tend to do fine (most of the dogs - including mine - take a nap a few min after takeoff)
- size of the dog
- do I have a co-pilot/dog handler flying with me to assist if needed (I had a dog trying to come on my laps while in the air :-)

So my rule is that if I fly alone, the dog(s) will be in crate(s).

For a 44lbs, you need a large crate for the dog to be comfortable. The Cardinal is an awesome plane for this type of mission. I remove my rear seat (2 screws) and put a large horse blanket over my carpet and voila, I now can load several crates (small to large), nicely stacked up if needed. Remember to get your A&P/IA to give you a weight and balance without the rear seat (-32lbs) to be legal.

If you need crates, you can email Kathleen the PNP executive director at [email protected] and she can arrange shipping you some thanks to our awesome sponsor. This means these would become yours. I got some of mine at the PNP Flyway last September.

So the logistics of an average flight with multiple legs goes like this:
- one pilot pick the dogs and fly the 1st leg
- he/she then meets with another pilot at the designated point (usually off the FBO ramp or at the fuel farm)
- I usually take the dogs for a short walk and give them a bit of water so they can take a break too. I also bring treats to make friends prior to the flight and reward them after
- the other pilot carry on with his/her leg
- repeat above until destination

PS: Are you going to Winter Haven for the Cardinal Flyers event in 4 weeks?
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

ddruan

Post by ddruan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:31 am

Hi All, I have asked the foks where he is now what size crate he will fit into, waiting to hear back. but it sounds like this is coming together. thank you very much

deb druan
508 982 1493

tsslater

Post by tsslater » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:29 pm

OK... Let' see if maybe we can schedule this ride now for this coming Sunday 3/17. If the first leg can depart 2R4 Milton FL and fly to Atlanta area airport -- where leg 2 Christophe can pick up and transport to Charlotte area -- we can pick up and fly third leg to Raleigh Durham or nearby airport and meet receiving party.

To coordinate:

Where and when to meet in Atlanta area?

When and where to meet in Charlotte area?

Where to meet receiving party?

Contact information for sending and receiving parties?

Sunday appears to be the better long range weather day this coming weekend. Let's exchange cell phone and tail numbers.
Please respond quickly so we can get this scheduled.

Tom Slater IFR
N1433S
919-247-9242
N1433S
KRDU

cmasiero

Post by cmasiero » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Tom,

My departure from the Epps FBO at KPDK is planned on Sunday 17th around 1pm. I am flexible to go pick up this guy at another airport south of ATL if pilot #1 from FL doesn't want to come inside the ATL Class B.

My destination is my home base KLKR (Lancaster SC) so I would suggest we meet in front of the FBO (small airport).

Once we firm up the 1st leg, we can come up with tentative ETA for each leg.

Will PM you and Debbie my cell phone.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

tsslater

Post by tsslater » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 pm

10-4... Can do KLKR... Sounds like mid-afternoon transfer. Awaiting contact with 1st leg pilot

TS Slater
N1433S
N1433S
KRDU