Rescued Bloodhound Puppy Needing Transport

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cwbysonlyangel

Rescued Bloodhound Puppy Needing Transport

Post by cwbysonlyangel » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Ok, we have some help but need a little more, here is what I have so far; Minden,LA to Kansas City, MO on Tuesday the 23rd covered,,,,Kansas City, MO to Kirksville MO. covered. Now I need someone to get her from there Wednesday the 24th and get her closer to Wyoming, MI, can anyone help to get her a little closer? Please reply soon!

South Central Bloodhound Club has just rescued an 11 week old bloodhound puppy from a very bad situation and is needing help getting her to her new foster/adopted home. Georgia Bean is about 20 lbs and fits in a sm-med size crate and rides very quietly. The transport will be from Minden, Louisiana going to Wyoming, MI. 49509. Her new owner is on a SAR team (search and rescue) and has chosen her to be the new pup trained for their team. What an honor it is for her to be chosen. She is way too young to endure such a long ride by car, it would take days and that would be too stressfull for her. If you could please help us in getting "Georgia Bean" there it would be greatly appreciated. Any week day should be fine but the weekend would be best.I can make the arrangements on the recieving end within a day or so for her pick up. I am the Rescue Director for South Central Bloodhound Club, I am fostering her at my home until arrangements can be made. I can be reached at [email protected]. or by phone 318-987-2691 hm or 318-469-9746 cell anytime.
Respectfully Yours,
Karen Gillespie
Georgia Bean.jpg
What a Sweet Pup!
Georgia Bean.jpg (90.7 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
Last edited by cwbysonlyangel on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Re: Rescued Bloodhound Puppy Needing Transport

Post by staylor4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:27 pm

i wil be flying up through that area on/about July 10. I'd like to help out if we can. I could take Jelly bean to Kansas City and foster her until she can move on to Wyoming, Michigan. It might be a little closer to the 'main road' going east. I hope you can foster her in place until then.

Sam Taylor
[email protected]

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sowens333 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm also in Kansas City and could do a second leg of the flight.

cwbysonlyangel

Post by cwbysonlyangel » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:45 am

Hi Sam,
That would be Great! How long would it be to get some to take her the rest of the way though? She is no troulble at all but she is a bloodhound and growing daily, They usually gain about 10-15lbs a month so she will be bigger by then. Please let me know about the 2nd part of the trip, do you find that part?
Thanks, Karen

staylor4
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi karen,
I would be honored to transfer String Bean from Minden to Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday, June 23, around 10'30 in the morning. I will keep her until you have a chance to set up further transportion for her from Kansas City to beautiful Wyoming, Michigan. If you accept my offer, please post on this site that you are in need of transport from Kansas City to Wyoming. Thank you.
Sam Taylor
staylor4@kc,.rr.oom

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:54 am

Hello, I am available on the 24th to fly out of Kansas City. Sam, I could pick up the dog either at GPH (I think that's where you fly out of), or drive to get her. I was going to be flying to the Kirksville area, but I could go anywhere in that vicinity if we can find someone else to to pick up the last leg! Any takers?

cwbysonlyangel

Post by cwbysonlyangel » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:45 am

Thank you both, now I need to find help from Kirksville, MO and get her a little further because that is still over 8 hours of driving time one way to where she needs to land. I am sure that if we can get her closer, they can drive to get her. At this point I still need someone to get her when she lands in Kirksville.

Iowahorseman

Post by Iowahorseman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

I'm based in Des Moines, and would be willing to head down to KIRK and continue the transfer to somewhere in Illinois if this would help... let me know
Chris

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 pm

I can fly to the Des Moines area instead of Kirksville.

Iowahorseman

Post by Iowahorseman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 pm

I'm happy to say this pup found her way to a new home tonight :D in Grand Rapids Michigan