A hero is going home NINE PILOTS NEEDED (yup) NINE 4/13, 14

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

A hero is going home NINE PILOTS NEEDED (yup) NINE 4/13, 14

Post by Liza007 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 pm

As I do not always receive notifications of postings here.. **Please email me at [email protected] and refer to SOLO TRANSPORT in the subject line AS WELL AS THE LEG YOU CAN FLY. **VERY helpful for my old gray matter!!

Pilots that are responding here, please also email me at the above address, this is going to be crucial in order for me to keep things organized.. I will do my best to periodically update this thread as we go... OK here goes it:

Solo is a 12 year old Belgian Malinois and distinguished veteran from active duty in Iraq. He and his handler Greg, have served many years together and it's time that Solo goes home to retire. Greg is soon to be stationed overseas again, and Solo needs to be at his family's home to live a quiet life of leisure. Unfortunately, due to his age, it is not recommended that Solo fly commercial as cargo.

THIS TRANSPORT IS FOR BOTH SOLO AND GREG
(Solo is a military working dog and doesn't realize he's retired not to mention that given his age and his special attachment to Greg, Greg doesn't want him to go alone. Both are housebroken)

THIS IS A TWO DAY TRANSPORT..
POTENTIAL ROUTE (somewhat flexible of course)

TEAM 1: SATURDAY APRIL 13:
LEG 1: SEE~DVT (Gillespie Field, San Deigo~Phoenix, Deer Valley) <251NM> (filled thank you Garry)
LEG 2: DVT~AEG (Phoenix, Deer Valley~Double Eagle. Albuquerque) <275NM>(filled thank you Nelson)
LEG 3: AEG~AMA (Double Eagle, Albuquerque~Rick Husband, Amarillo) <251NM>(filled thank you Richard)
LEG 4: AMA~OWP (Rick Husband, Amarillo~William Pogue, Sand Springs) <277NM> (filled thank you Hugh)
LEG 5: OWP~OJC (William Pogue, Sand Springs~JOHNSON COUNTY EXECUTIVE AIRPORT) <192NM> (filled thank you Dave)
overnight Olathe
TEAM 2: SUNDAY APRIL 14:
LEG 6: OJC~SET (JOHNSON COUNTY EXECUTIVE AIRPORT~ St. Charles, Smartt) <195NM> (filled thank you Mike)
LEG 7: SET~TYQ (St. Charles, MO~Indianapolis, IN) <205NM> (filled thank you Cary)
LEG 8: TYQ~TSO (Indianapolis, IN~Carroll County/Tolson) <240NM> (filled thank you USAF)
LEG 9: TSO~PTW (Carroll County/Tolson~Heritage Field, Pottstown) <254NM> (filled thank you Bill)
As this is a collective effort of multiple pilots, even if a leg has been 'spoken' for I would still need to connect the dots as such;
If you can assist, can you please reply with:
The days you are available to fly
Your home airfield identifier
The leg you can help with or the alternative route that you can assist with?
And given the weather of late: WHAT YOUR REQUIRED MINIMUM IS

Passenger Information:
Solo
Belgian Malinois
90#
12 years old
Traveling with: Health Certificate and vet records, rabies tag, certificate, collar, food for contingency HARNESS AND LEASH

Handler:
Greg (approx 180#)
traveling with: Backpack and gear (approx 40#)

Thank you all so very much for your consideration and thank you all for helping our service men and women and their K9 companions.
Liz Bondarek
transport coordinator
(overtired volunteer)
Attachments
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Last edited by Liza007 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

asiegman
Zip Code: 60477
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: LL10

Re: A hero is going home NINE PILOTS NEEDED (yup) NINE

Post by asiegman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm actually taking a vacation in New Mexico next week. I'd be headed back to Texas on April 10th, or 11th if the weather is bad on the 10th.

I could divert a bit and do the Double Eagle to Amarillo leg. Or the previous pilot could meet me at KGUP and have a bit shorter flight.

I do have to fly to Austin after my stop in Amarillo, but I don't mind adding the 1.5 hours to the trip if it turns out the times line up. I'd just ask that I can leave KGUP before noon so I'm not getting in to Austin too late.

Emailing this as well.
Alex Siegman
Private Pilot, Instrument Rated
LL10 Naper Aero Club (Naperville, IL) - Flys with BFC

dcastor
Zip Code: 20121
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KHEF

Post by dcastor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Having some work done on my plane assuming its done on time, would be honored to help. Active duty USAF officer myself.

I can even offer a place to stay vicinity Kansas City.

Home base is KFLV, could take flight into or out of Kansas City.

Minimums are VFR, no crosswind >15.

Dave Castor
David Castor
Mooney 201 (M20J)
IFR

alindsay
Zip Code: 68046
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KMLE
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by alindsay » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 pm

dcastor wrote:Having some work done on my plane assuming its done on time, would be honored to help. Active duty USAF officer myself.

I can even offer a place to stay vicinity Kansas City.

Home base is KFLV, could take flight into or out of Kansas City.

Minimums are VFR, no crosswind >15.

Dave Castor
Very Nice Dave! I got Liz involved with this transport and am in Omaha...just a little too far north to help and I feel helpless!

In case anyone cares how this started, here goes......

Way back in the mid 1960's, my father was the NCO of Sentry dogs at Wheelus AFB in Libya. One of the guys that worked with my father, contacted me since he knew I flew PnP flights. He asked if there was anything I could do to help a Marine and his retired Dog get to PA.

I know Liz one of the best (if not THE best) transport coordinators on PnP....so I contacted Liz and this is the "Rest of the Story".

So, any pilots reading this, I ask that you please consider trying to help. Thank you, Allan

traunero
Zip Code: 44883
Airport identifier: 16G
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by traunero » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 pm

I can do Indianapolis to somewhere in eastern Ohio.
Rich Traunero
419-937-3899

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Rich and I are always competing for the same flights :-)

I can do TY'S to TSO or anything 250-300nm from Dayton area (KDAY). If Rich can go east I can go west or vv.

Just need a few a days notice, lots of travel and out of town in the near future. - update - I'm out of town the 13/14th already/
Last edited by mikegreen on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying

mimullin

Post by mimullin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 am

I can handle Leg 6 (MKC to SET).

VFR only and based out of KOJC, just a few miles down the road from MKC.

Weekends are best, but I can make a weekday work with enough notice.

duckie24

Post by duckie24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 am

I can help with a leg somewhere in Dayton, Columbus, Parkersburg area eastwards into PA. Availabe 4/12-4/17. Able to fly IFR as long as icing is not an issue.

bjohnson
Zip Code: 16142
Airport identifier: KUCP

Post by bjohnson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:21 pm

I can do TSO to PTW (leg 9). IFR OK

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1

Post by Liza007 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 pm

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH...

JUST A QUICK UPDATE HERE.. I AM STILL GOING THROUGH ALL MY EMAILS HOWEVER................

THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO OFFERS FOR LEG 4 (DAY 1) AMA~OWP (Amarillo~Sand Springs)

ADDITIONALLY, WHILE I WAS HOPING THAT I COULD DO THIS THIS WEEKEND, THUS FAR, THE ONE OFFER OF ASSISTANCE OUT OF ALBUQUERQUE IS ON SATURDAY THE 13TH

Unless things change tonight, realistically we are looking at the 13th and 14th.

I am still going through all my emails, but I will get back to everyone as soon as I can 'here' please all be patient with me as I continue to sort through

(ps: also note that I received no notice of posts here on this thread, dumb luck that)