Friendly suggestion to extend your forum's accessibility.

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
Siggypoo72

Friendly suggestion to extend your forum's accessibility.

Post by Siggypoo72 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:00 pm

As a student pilot, computer technician, and hobbyist, I'm rarely at home on my computer. I tend to browse web forums, including this one, almost exclusively via my iPhone. Unfortunately, most forums aren't mobile-browser friendly, wether using Chrome, Safari, or Opera. I can visit this forum, but performance is laggy and the menus not so readily navigated on a small touch screen.
A solution for this, that would permit your members to access your forum when on the go, is a forum app like ForumRunner or Tapatalk. I use Tapatalk a lot more because I find it more stable and intuitive.
There is no cost to you to register your forum with Tapatalk, and there is a small purchase price for users to get the app from iTunes.
Please consider trying this out so us mobile users can access your forum when we're not near a PC. I use it often when I'm on the road (not while actually driving though) to browse a Canadian pet rescue forum, and I can get the most recent info on requests to transport.

Take a look at http://www.tapatalk.com/ to learn more.
Here is a screen shots of the main page from my own iPhone.
Attachments
image.jpg

traunero
Zip Code: 44883
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 16G
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Friendly suggestion to extend your forum's accessibility

Post by traunero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I have no problems accessing and navigating this forum on my Android phone, without Tapatalk. No problems at all.

Maybe it's because you have an iPhone. :lol:
Rich Traunero
419-937-3899

Siggypoo72

Post by Siggypoo72 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Oh, don't be hating, LOL!
I can't wait to try Andy, but only on a tablet. After this, my first smartphone, I don't think I'd ever give up iOS.
I visit a lot of forums via my browser, and it's just not so easy (for me anyway).

dennismckim
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by dennismckim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:18 pm

I access this forum almost exclusively with my iPhone and don't have a problem with it. It works as well as Telligent software does on another forum where I spend a lot of time.