2nd Attempt:Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanctuary

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
kamijeff
Zip Code: 52302
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: C17
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanctuary

Post by kamijeff » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks. I went out to the airport this evening after work and measured; there isn't any way I can get a crate that wide or tall into the cabin. The 30" length isn't a problem, but the width and height are. The small folding crate that I have is 16" W x 16" H and that just fits into the back seat through the front door. The larger crate that I have is 21" W x 24" H and it won't fit at all.

The large folding crate that I have I am able to set up in the cargo area since it collapses; once I get it into the aircraft I open and set it back up. If there's any way that we can make that work then we can have a go, but the hard sided crate simply won't fit. Sorry.

decodog

Re: Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanctuary

Post by decodog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:19 am

That just won't work with this dog, she can't be moved from crate to crate along the way. Thank-you so much for your efforts and time to check out if you could help.
Joan

kamijeff
Zip Code: 52302
Airport identifier: C17
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: 2nd Attempt:Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanct

Post by kamijeff » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Joan - I sent you an email this morning; if that solution works somehow just let me know.

decodog

Post by decodog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Unfortunately that won't work because she cannot be moved from crate to crate...thanks for trying.

xcflyr
Zip Code: 55345
Airport identifier: KFCM
Distance willing to fly one way: 400

Post by xcflyr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 am

I will check to see if the crate can fit through my baggage compartment door. I have a real large crate in the plane that was assembled in the plane but I see that there can be no transfering of the dog from crate to crate. Let me check my dimensions and get back to you. I am based in Minneapolis. xcflyr

decodog

Post by decodog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:24 pm

thank-you

decodog

Post by decodog » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 am

I also have a wire crate that she will fit in that is a little smaller than the plastic kennel. The dimensions are 21 1/2 W 30L 24H. If by chance either will fit and you are available on Sunday the 14th, I have to drive up to Ames, IA that day which would get her some miles up north (I'm in north central MO), but I would need some notice to set it up with the rescue and need to make sure they are available to meet you.
Thanks,
Joan

xcflyr

Post by xcflyr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi Joan,

We have relatives this weekend, will recheck the dimensions and try to work out a time for near future. xcflyr

xcflyr

Post by xcflyr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Dear Joan,

I tried every possible way to get even the smaller crate in my plane--won't work. A plane that opens from the side with club seating would work. Very sorry. xcflyr