Completed! Kroozer from FL to PA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
BassetRescueFlorida

Completed! Kroozer from FL to PA

Post by BassetRescueFlorida » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Koozer is an aged basset hound with terminal cancer and is a long term foster basset of our rescue. It is not the type of cancer that causes suffering. His death will come suddenly. We are trying to give Kroozer as much joy and happiness as possible. Sadly Kroozer is absolutely terrified of the Florida storms that are so prevelant during the summer months. He has chewed his way through several chain link fences in an effort to get to a human during these storms while I am at work. Since quality of life for Kroozer is our main goal, it is very important that he not spend it this way. A very special person in Pottstown, PA has volunteered to take him and allow him to live out his life with her family but we need to get him there ASAP. Every day he has to go through one of these storms is torture for him. I know this will probably take the work of several pilots but can someone assist me in coordinating this? I appreciate all that you do for any of the rescue dogs. Pam - Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc. a 501(c)(3) not for profit rescue organization

UPDATE - WE HAVE ALL LEGS FILLED EXCEPT ONE - RDU TO WILLIAMSBURG, VA - Please help Kroozer get out of these storms!

[map:33309-19465]7376[/map]
Last edited by BassetRescueFlorida on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Hound Dog One

Re: 33309 To 19465 - Special Needs Basset Hound

Post by Hound Dog One » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Hey Pam,

I would love to help but am not available until late next week due to my work schedule. If it can be worked out then, I could possibly do the middle section of the trip (North FLA/South GA to somewhere in NC).

BassetRescueFlorida

Post by BassetRescueFlorida » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Hound Dog One wrote:Hey Pam,

I would love to help but am not available until late next week due to my work schedule. If it can be worked out then, I could possibly do the middle section of the trip (North FLA/South GA to somewhere in NC).
Next week would work - any time would work. If you can tell me what day(s) you are available then perhaps I can get some more help. Perhaps someone from South Florida to South Georgia, then you could take the next leg and then a final leg into PA.

This is my first time doing something like this so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Pam (and Kroozer)

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Pam,

I sent you an e-mail.

Hound Dog One

Post by Hound Dog One » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Hello Pam,

I am available Thursday - Sunday of next week (June 25-28)...preferably Thursday or Friday if it can be worked out. I agree with you that three legs would work out the best and like I mentioned before, I could go as far south as Northern Florida (Jacksonville area would be best) in order to do the middle segment. Looks like Jacksonville Craig Airport to Raleigh-Durham would be about a 3.5 hour flight nonstop. As I have found out from personal experience, that tends to be a little long for both the pilot and the 4 legged passenger but can be done. I'm pretty flexible and willing to do my part to get Kroozer to a more comfortable weather setting. :)

BassetRescueFlorida

Update on Ft Lauderale to Pottstown PA

Post by BassetRescueFlorida » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks for all the help I have received so far. The current status is that I have Fort Lauderdale, FL to Jacksonville, FL and Jacksonville, FL to RDU covered and it appears that it will happen Saturday, June 27th. Anyone who can help from RDU towards Pottstown, PA? Kroozer thanks you too!
Last edited by BassetRescueFlorida on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timjohnsonjr

Re: 33309 FtLauderdale-19465 PA Special Needs Basset Hound

Post by timjohnsonjr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi Pam,

I sent you an email, i could do the florida portion on saturday if that works. Let me know. Thanks

tim johnson

BassetRescueFlorida

Re: 33309 FtLauderdale-19465 PA Special Needs Basset Hound

Post by BassetRescueFlorida » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi Tim,
I was just in the middle of sending you an email :-) Yes, that would work. I'm working on the rest of the transport but for now let's assume it will be a go. I'll advise immediatey if otherwise.

Thanks!
Pam

Hound Dog One

Re: 1 Leg Left - RDU to Williamsburg, VA on Sat, 6/27! Please?

Post by Hound Dog One » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Tim,

Assuming this gets finalized, does CRG (Jacksonville Craig Muni) work for you to meet up for this transport? Not sure if you have a preference of FBOs but I like to use Sky Harbor there. Doesn't matter one way or the other. Just let me know where, when, and what your tail # is.

Thanks!

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 1 Leg Left - RDU to Williamsburg, VA on Sat, 6/27! Please?

Post by mchutto » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:48 am

What time of the day will the dog be ready for pickup at RDU? I'm based at CPK in Chesapeake, VA. The problem is that T-Storms are predicted for late in the afternoon. Based on how the dog tolerates storms, it might be a rough trip for him if there are any nearby. Is this transport from FL to PA taking place in one day? It might be quicker to transfer at a Class E airport so there is no delay with ATC, say JNX.

Anyway, I might be able to help if the weather cooperates.

Marty