Saturday, 20 April,5 puppies, Knoxville TN to Schenectady NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
HBDRNY
Zip Code: 37771
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KTYS
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Saturday, 20 April,5 puppies, Knoxville TN to Schenectady NY

Post by HBDRNY » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Number of animals being transported: 5
Breeds, weight, age: Plott Hound, 10-15 lbs, 11 weeks
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: NA
Vaccinations: YES (2 rounds of DA2PPV)
Health Certificate: YES
Spay/Neutered: No
Special needs: NA
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Homeward Bound Dog Rescue (South)
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Homeward Bound Dog Rescue of NY
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Tamara Runions (865.221.2176 / 518.378.43892) or Jay Archer (518.378.4694)
Are you a 501c3: YES
Additional Info/situation:

(Times are estimated) - Thank you all for your consideration and time!

Leg 1) Sky Ranch Airport Knoxville (TN98) (or Island Home AIrport) to Virginia Tech/Montgomery Executive Airport (BCB), 216 miles (09:30-11:35)

Leg 2) Virginia Tech/Montgomery Executive Airport (BCB) to Frederick Municipal Airport (FDK), 224 Miles (11:35-13:50) (thanks Steve!) :D

Leg 3) Frederick Municipal Airport (FDK) to Schenectady County Airport (SCH), 298 miles (13:50-15:20)

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Saturday, 20 April,5 puppies, Knoxville TN to Schenectad

Post by 747pilot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm

If the weather is as forecast, I can get the pups to Blacksburg on Saturday.
Jim Carney
PNP - TN

HBDRNY

Post by HBDRNY » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks Jim, I will add you to the runsheet - would you like me to bring you breakfast and coffee?
747pilot wrote:If the weather is as forecast, I can get the pups to Blacksburg on Saturday.
Jim Carney
PNP - TN

bigbrent88

Post by bigbrent88 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 pm

I may be able to offer transport for part of the final leg. I fly out of Manassas and could meet near or before Frederick and fly to a halfway airport between here and Schenectady, somewhere in PA or near NYC would work. Also, are these pups coming with their own kennels?

Thanks,

Brent

DougWeir
Zip Code: 10024
Airport identifier: KCDW
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by DougWeir » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Unfortunately I can not help, but if Brent were able to fly to Stewart (KSWF), maybe the rescue folks could drive down there to pick up the pups? Sounds like you are very close to a solution. Good luck! Doug
Last edited by DougWeir on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Weir, CFI, ATP
Saratoga Springs, NY (5B2)
Grumman Tiger - N414DJ
Cell: 917-208-1172

HBDRNY

Post by HBDRNY » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks Brent - we typically don't send kennels because it causes issues matching kennel sizes with the various plans, and many times pilots have ones that specifically fit their planes, however we do have some soft crates we can send. Could you fly to Newberg, NY? I know we have no issues picking up the pups there. We might be able to pick up the dogs farther south if necessary, but I need to find someone available. Thanks forthe reply, Jay
bigbrent88 wrote:I may be able to offer transport for part of the final leg. I fly out of Manassas and could meet near or before Frederick and fly to a halfway airport between here and Schenectady, somewhere in PA or near NYC would work. Also, are these pups coming with their own kennels?

Thanks,

Brent

sshoop
Zip Code: 22066
Airport identifier: KJYO

Post by sshoop » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Brent,

If the mission goes, I will be flying the pups up from Blacksburg and would be happy to hand them off to you at Manassas (or Leesburg).

Regards,

Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U
KJYO
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U - IFR
Leesburg, VA (KJYO)

bigbrent88

Post by bigbrent88 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 am

Looking at the flight times and the schedule I could probably do the full Schenectady leg, but would require an earlier schedule so that we could be back around 6pm. For the Archer we will be flying, it would be best if our leg started around 12pm. If not, then Stewart will work for us. The soft carriers would be a great help, as we are using an available club aircraft and don't really have a setup for this flying yet, I would definitely send them back to you if they pack down easily and they are reusable.

You can call or text one of the other pilots at 703-371-8929, his name is Samer and can discuss any details while I am flying today.

Bernt

HBDRNY

Post by HBDRNY » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:15 pm

:plane: Great - It looks like we have a complete flight, weather permitting – we will send some soft crates along for the 3rd leg which should not impact space in the first 2 planes.
1) First, do the flight times and distances look reasonable for all?
2) Jim, do you mind moving the first start time earlier? And how much earlier do we need Brent?
3) Brent, we have a volunteer who can meet in Newberg and drive them up to Schenectady, just let us know how you would like to arrange it. If it helps you, you can keep the soft crates we send, or you can pass them off to our volunteer picking them up.

I will work on compiling the runsheet, in my best attempt of meeting Lorene’s high standards. She normally sends emails containing the runsheets, but I don’t know if she continues to post here (I can do both).

Thank you all, Jay

bigbrent88

Post by bigbrent88 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm

1) Flight time was a little low for me, we are planning on at least(without winds) two hours to Stewart and around three hours to get to Schenectady.
2) For the flight to Schenectady we would need the puppies here a little before 12pm. The start time would depend on how long the other pilots flights will take to get to Manassas. If we are just dropping them off at Stewart we need to be out by the original 2pm.
3) We'll figure out the soft crate situation as we go. Thanks again!