Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby jdunham on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: English Mastiff mix, weight to come tomorrow, 2 years old
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: None (shelter doesn't vaccinate)
Health Certificate: Not needed - intrastate
Spay/Neutered: No (shelter doesn't spay)
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Paris Animal Control
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: San Antonio SPCA
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Jerry Dunham, jdunham@texas.net, 512-961-8398
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation:

Louise has been in this kill shelter too long and is in danger. We thought an adopter was interested in her this past weekend, but he hasn't come back, and there's no one else. Louise is scared and miserable, and we want to get her out before the shelter decides she's next to be put down.

Louise is available now, but if the shelter knows we're moving her this weekend they won't kill her. We'll take transport whenever the weatherman gives us his permission. I'll post Louise's weight tomorrow when the shelter sends it.

I'm working on ground transport in parallel. I have transport from Paris to Dallas, but have been unable to find anyone to bring her south. If you would prefer to fly from a Dallas-area airport rather than all the way from Paris, we can do that.

Thank you for all you do for the homeless animals.
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Sunbear Squad
jdunham
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Last Visit: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby jdunham on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 am

Just heard from the shelter. Louise is 69 lbs and HW neg.
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Sunbear Squad
jdunham
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Last Visit: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby jdunham on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Our possible adopter from last weekend has not returned. Louise has no current adoption interest and really needs to get out. It sure would be good if we could get her out this weekend.
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Sunbear Squad
jdunham
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Last Visit: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby aerodrver on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Jerry,

I can fly a GTU to PRX or a GTU to 5C1 leg tomorrow afternoon. I don't have time for the whole leg. I could do one or the other Monday evening also...Weather permitting.

Cheers,
aerodrver
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Last Visit: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby jdunham on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Just got on late. I was away from the computer too much today. I hope I'm not too late to make this work.

If we get Louise to Greenville (GVT) does that shorten your flight enough that you could make it on to 5C1? I think that's doable. If that works for you, what time would they need to have Louise to GVT? If that doesn't work, lemme see what I can figure out to get Louise from GTU to Boerne. We might even be able to get Louise to Terrell (TRL).

I'll continue this on e-mail so that I can include the north Texas ground transporters.
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Sunbear Squad
jdunham
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Last Visit: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby jdunham on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am

We're primed and ready to go. We're just waiting to hear from you as to whether this is still a "go" weather wise, and what the schedule is. We can have Louise at either TRL or 7F5 whenever you can be there. If I need to find another way from GTU to 5C1, I need to know that so I can work on it. We'll make it work. Details are in e-mail.

Thanks!
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Sunbear Squad
jdunham
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Last Visit: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby aerodrver on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:10 pm

all,

If you can get Louise to Waco or anyplace south by 6:30-7pm tomorrow I can fly the whole trip.

Again depending on the very fickle weather we have been having.

Cheers,
aerodrver
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Last Visit: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: Louise - Mastiff - Shelter to rescue - Sat or Sun

Postby jdunham on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm

If the weather co-operates, Louise will be in Georgetown this evening, thanks to aerodrver. She needs to get on to San Antonio, so I'll be starting a new request to cover that.
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Sunbear Squad
jdunham
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Last Visit: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm


Return to "DONE" Transports Complete

Who is online

Registered users: CommonCrawl [Bot], eam, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]