One German Shepard Needs Transport from MCI to Fresno

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jimejoma

One German Shepard Needs Transport from MCI to Fresno

Post by jimejoma » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 am

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: German Shepard, 75 pounds, Four years.
Health Condition: Has Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI).
Heart worm Status: Clean
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate:Valid
Spay/Neutered:Spayed
Special needs: Needs digestive enzymes with each meal. Does not digest food on her own.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Laura Lizotte
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Russ/Jill Fulkes
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: Sending family is being stationed in South Korea and cannot take the dog. We have tried several different ways to get her to Fresno and have run out of options. The family is moving at the end of May, 2013.

Sundance

Re: One German Shepard Needs Transport from MCI to Fresno

Post by Sundance » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 am

Contact local media and the airlines that serve Kansas City. A military family makes for good press and an airline may want to provide free or reduced fare transport. Good luck!

MSerrano

Post by MSerrano » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm

I should be flying from New Century Airport in Olathe KS (KIXD) back to Temecula CA (F70) on Sunday, May 19 and can bring her with me. Olathe is a suburb of Kansas City and should be an easy drive for the sender. I plan to leave early and make it home the same day unless I run into weather delays. I could keep her with me overnight in Temecula (92592) then fly her to Fresno the next day unless the receiver wants to drive down and spend a weekend in SoCal wine country to pick her up.

I was stationed at Camp Casey, ROK back in 98-99 so I am familiar with their situation. I would love to be able to help out.

jimejoma

Post by jimejoma » Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Thank you so much!!!!