Need transport form Greenville, SC to Newport News,VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
rachel

Need transport form Greenville, SC to Newport News,VA

Post by rachel » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 pm

I have a Dachshund Named Ruby that could really use a ride to Newport News, VA. She is a breder rescue going to her forever home and she is very shy and we fear that she might slip her collar on the many potty breaks that she would have with a ground transport. She weighs in at only 8lbs and is just a sweetheart. I am new to this and not sure what all the info you need but she is UTD on all her shots and will have a health cretificate if you need her to have one, I know with ground she does so it is not a problem to get one for her. Debi had emailed me about you all and what a wonderful thing you do for the babies bless you all. I thought for this case with Ruby you guys would be the best choice to get her home, I just fear that she might try to slip the collar and get lost from fear alone. please let me know it you can help or if you need any more info from me Thanks Rachel my email is [email protected] if you can help

Wxman2000

Re: Need transport form Greenville, SC to Newport News,VA

Post by Wxman2000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:37 am

Depending on when the transport would need to take place, my wife and I would love to help out as we are fairly close to Greenville, SC. I'm guessing this could be done with just two flight legs also, I'd be willing to fly from Greenville to a halfway point if needed. Just let me know.

Thanks.

Aaron

rachel

Post by rachel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:15 am

Aaron, Thant would be great I was thinking the 15th that is at least the ground trans was going to be then but I believe what ever would be best for you guys would be ok the Furever Mom doesnt not work so she can get Ruby any day I would have to check with the Foster mom but I dont think she would have a problem because she has been scared about the trans for her, when I told her I found youu guys she is feeling much better about it

keckjet

Post by keckjet » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Aaron, I'm in Greensboro and weather permitting would probably be able to assist next weekend, either Saturday or Sunday. We'd be happy to take the 2nd leg out to Newport News. There are a number of small aiports around us that would be ideal for exchanging the dog. Please contact me at my email address [email protected] if you have a chance to discuss any details. This would be our first transport, but we feel very comfortable with dauschunds, as we have one and have flown her some.
Daniel (keckjet)

Wxman2000

Post by Wxman2000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:03 pm

I just did my first rescue flight today and it was a blast (through the Animal Rescue Flight organization).

Unfortunately, next weekend will not work for me since I'll be working Fri-Sun. I will be off the following Mon-Tue, and the weekend after that though.

rachel

Post by rachel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 am

Can anyone help out with the first half so I can get this baby home on the 15th of nov. The foster mom will drive a hour from Greenvill,SC

keckjet

Post by keckjet » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:04 am

Rachel,

My wife and I could do the first leg now, we would come to you in Greenville, from Greensboro, then come back here, and Nick from Williamsburg said he could come to us for the second leg if that would work. Also, Aaron, Nick said Monday could work for him as well, as he could meet you in our vicinity (halfway), so hopefully between the three of us we can get Ruby home on Sunday or Monday.

-Daniel

Wxman2000

Post by Wxman2000 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:05 pm

Monday would work for me, but not Sunday. I'll keep an eye on the board and see when it looks like it may take place.

nicholas757
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by nicholas757 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:50 am

I think we have this transport worked out. Daniel will be picking her up in Greenville, SC this Sunday 11/16 and we will pick her up in NC (2A5) for the final leg into Williamsburg. If anything changes we will post.
Nick

nicholas757
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by nicholas757 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:54 am

Hey Guys,
We have postponed the trip due to high forecasted winds over NC and VA tomorrow. We can make the trip this Wednesday 11/19 but need someone to pick up Ruby in Greenville, SC and bring her to Montgomery County, NC (43A). If any of you can help with this leg please post here or contact me directly.
Thanks,
Nick