Two adult dogs, 2-3 pups

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

Two adult dogs, 2-3 pups

Post by carolynharris » Wed May 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Number of animals being transported: 4 or 5 (one might have adoptive home)
Breeds, weight, age: Boxer mix female, approx. 30#; 2 Border Collie mix males, one @15#, one @29#; one Poodle mix female, 17#; one Scruffi female, 10-15# (might be adopted by flight time)
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered: Unknown--to be done by receiving shelter
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: West Baton Rouge A.C., Port Allen, LA; LaFourche Parish A.C., Thibodaux, LA; owner surrenders
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Brazoria Co. Humane Society, Manvel, TX
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving
Additional Info/situation:
Rescues from various high-kill shelters and from individuals need ride to Houston. Lady Bug (Boxer pup) and Mr. Stubbs (B.C. adult) have been waiting for several weeks due to previous flight delays and eventual cancellations. Pearly Mae (Poodle mix Senior) and Curly (B.C. pup) are recent additions. Scruffles (Wirehair terrier pup) is in a foster-to-adopt home and may not be going.

Eric Kallio of BTR may be able to take this flight on Monday, 05/06, weather permitting. If so, I will furnish crates as he has only one medium. He will drop them back off at ARA on his return home. Otherwise, pilot will need to furnish appropriate size crates for each dog/pup. Mr. Stubbs and Curly could probably ride together in a large crate if needed. Boxer will need a medium-large.and Pearly Mae, a medium/small. Scruffles can fit in a small.

Airport of choice in Houston is Pearland; however, Arcola and Sugarland will also work.

Weather was stunningly beautiful early yesterday morning and Eric got into New Iberia before 9 a.m. He did an amazing job of packing his plane (RV-10) with five medium to large crates plus one small cat crate. I am still amazed at how he got them all in there, but he was resolute that none would be left behind. They all got to Houston by 11 a.m., bright eyed and bushy tailed. In fact, Eric said all but one were asleep before he even got to the taxiway! Thanks, Eric, for a job well done.
Attachments
Mr_opt.jpg
Mr_opt.jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Pearly Mae_opt.jpg
Pearly Mae_opt.jpg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Curly_opt.jpg
Curly_opt.jpg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Last edited by carolynharris on Tue May 07, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kallioe
Zip Code: 70769
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KREG
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: Two adult dogs, 2-3 pups

Post by Kallioe » Wed May 01, 2013 5:53 pm

If the weather holds out for Monday I can take this flight as Carolyn mentioned unless someone can go earlier. I am only available Monday though.

Eric

Arrowpilot1

Post by Arrowpilot1 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 pm

My plane should be out of annual next week. Let me know if you get all of the dogs lined up for a flight. I can help out.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Thu May 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Arrowpilot1, where is your base? You must be close to me and that makes me happy that we have more volunteer pilots.
We are on track with Eric as long as the weather holds for Monday. If not, I'll be in touch. Do you have crates?

Carolyn

Arrowpilot1

Post by Arrowpilot1 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:20 pm

I am based out of West Houston airport. I haven't made a rescue flight yet so I don't have any crates yet. My phone is 281-221-7950. Feel free to call me if you need something.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Thu May 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks. You can count on it!! LOL

Arrowpilot1

Post by Arrowpilot1 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I have a fairly demanding job but I will definitely help when I can. Are you in the Sugarland area.