6 Foot Burmese Python

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
FKSPCA

6 Foot Burmese Python

Post by FKSPCA » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:38 am

Hello,
I am writing from the Florida Keys SPCA in Key West FL. We need help transporting a 6 foot Burmese Python to a Reptile Rescue in Lancaster PA. She has been a captive snake and her owner could no longer care for her due to her size. (Imagine that)

Please contact Matt at the Florida Keys SPCA (305)294-4857 or [email protected] if you can help.

Tammy Fox
Executive Director
FKSPCA

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 6 Foot Burmese Python

Post by skyking » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Matt,

I can take this guy as far as Northern Florida on any day that will work for a connecting pilot. I would also like to combine the trip with a dog or cat transport since this snake won't take up much room.

For any pilot that might be nervous about transporting a snake, DON'T BE. This is a small python and Burmese are known to be docile unless you are a mouse. He will be crated in a cat carrier and will probably not move the entire trip.

FKSPCA

Post by FKSPCA » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 pm

That is great! Thank you so much.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH

Post by skyking » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:57 pm

The python has found a home with a young lady whose dog was flown from Maryland to VA. It turned out that she was interested in the snake and has since adopted the fur-less critter in Key West. She drove down and picked up the snake and his large enclosure today.

Debi
Co-founder
Pilot?: No

Post by Debi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Jeff, thanks for letting us know....glad the python found his new home without having to get on a plane!

Debi