Pilot Offer - Va to FL July 9 & return July 12

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Pilot Offer - Va to FL July 9 & return July 12

Post by mchutto » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:46 pm

I will be flying from Chesapeake, VA (CPK) to DeLand, FL (DED) on July 9th and will return July 12th. I can transport about 100 lbs. of animals. I can provide a crate if needed. Contact me if I can be of service.

HelenLohmar

Re: Pilot Offer - Va to FL July 9 & return July 12

Post by HelenLohmar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:14 pm

My name is Helen Lohmar I am trying to rescue two beagles each approx 15-20 pounds from Union S.C to bring them to my home in Richmond, VA23231 Please let me know if someone can help with bringing these dogs home. Helen and Hans Lohmar

mchutto

Post by mchutto » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Union, SC is pretty far off my flight path. It would add almost another 100 miles to my trip. It would probably be better to set up a transport using a pilot out of someplace like Charlotte, with a transfer to a Virginia pilot somewhere around Raleigh-Durham. Sorry I can't help with this one.

DogDaddy

Post by DogDaddy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 am

Are you able to bring a dog back up with you? This is a terrier, slightly over 20 pounds, at the shelter in Flagler County (N. of Daytona). It has to go to Long Island NY but if you can take it from Deland to VA that would help tremendously. We would be able to transport the dog from the shelter to Deland.

mchutto

Post by mchutto » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:38 pm

I plan to leave early Sunday morning. I'll be glad to transport the terrier.

Do you have a foster near Chesapeake, VA who can take the dog when I arrive? The dog will need vet certificates for rabies vaccination and health exam, etc. Will the dog be crated? How old is it?

I always crate puppies because they are so wired. I can bring a crate if necessary. With adults, I either crate them or let them lie down in the back with their collar and leash tied to a seat belt anchor so the don't try to fly the plane. It is based on their overall personality.

Marty Hutto

DogDaddy

Post by DogDaddy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Thank you. I will find out more info, about the dog's age etc. Since it's coming out of a shelter it will have paperwork showing current shots etc. Will crate if you prefer.