Dallas, Texas 75201? to Columbus, Georgia 31908

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lanettrose

Dallas, Texas 75201? to Columbus, Georgia 31908

Post by lanettrose » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 am

Small Basenji needs a ride to the Columbus, GA airport > She was rescued about one week ago.by BRAT. This little lady needs to be moved asap. Her rescuer has more dogs arriving and needs the space. She has always been in a crate, curled in a ball but is very friendly. She is NOT leash trained, and needs to fly from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area as close as you can get to West Point, GA! There is a small airport in Lanett, AL and LaGrange, GA, but the larger airport which is about 45 miles away is in Columbus, GA. Rescuers' e-mail is as follows. [email protected] Arlene Roberts can give you more info on where the dogs actual location is at this point. I would love to give her a home asap, so she can chase squirrels with my dogs in an enclosed safe area. Don't you think she deserves to become a basenji after 6 years in a small crate? Thank you very much, Sherry Wright Buivids [email protected]
Last edited by lanettrose on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Puppymill Basenji Dallas, TX to Columbus, GA

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 am

Hello all and particularly those new to the board! Welcome and please change your request to reflect the following:

Please put the sending and receiving city, states and ZIP CODES in your subject line. To do this, log in, open your original post and edit the subject line. If you do not do this, in all likelihood a pilot will not notice your request as they scan the board looking for the areas they can volunteer for. Most will not open you post to read the details unless they already see that this is a mission they can help you with. You will also miss out on the "Map this Request" feature if you have no city, state and ZIP CODES in your subject line.

It is also best to be realistic about the distance you are requesting. For example, PA to CA is not an option. Most general aviation pilots have an average fly out distance of 300, some more, some less, plus other factors to consider.

We encourage everyone to please take the time to read the suggested guidelines for making your request. WE truly want every animal to have the best opportunity for help and this is the very important first step in accomplishing that.

Thank you in advance,
Admin

lanettrose

Re CANCEL : Dallas, Texas 75201? to Columbus, Georgia 3

Post by lanettrose » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:43 am

Thank you for guiding me thru this process to Pat ((greytexexplorer)(christian) & the ceaseless work she put forth to find pilots. To Sonny Ruff and Mike Gray who stepped up to offer their planes, I can only say thanks. A perm home has been located in TX. While I wanted the chance to work with this dog very badly, God had other plans for her and another life lesson for me! I am very sorry I could not inform/cancel sooner, but no one informed ME from BRAT in TX that she had been placed. I'm embrassed, but as Pat told me, LIFE happens. Thanks to all of you and I hope we have the chance to work togeather very soon. Lanettrose (Sherry)