Bloodhound puppy Albany Niagara then Detroit to Iowa

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Bloodhound puppy Albany Niagara then Detroit to Iowa

Post by atrulli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Thank you so much Paul, Luke, ED and Darin... I have posted separately for the last two legs...

Picture is Darin and his girls.. with Bailey in Lundington/Mason Airport, Michigan

Daisy – now known as Bailey
Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Bloodhound – 40-45 lbs - 5 months old
Health Condition: good -- UNVaccinated puppy
Heart worm Status: negative (based on age)
Vaccinations: will get her first set of shots in the next couple of days,
including rabies
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: spay will be done by adoptive family once in Iowa -- the vet
wants to do it around 6 months and giving her time to settle into new home.

Special needs: Not fully vaccinated
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Bloodhound Rescue - Ann T
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Adoptive Family - Lesley
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Ann T
Are you a 501c3: associated with all the bloodhound rescues in US and
Canada
Additional Info/situation: Please can we help out a Ft. Drum military
family and their bloodhound, Daisy. The family has 9 month old son, 5 month
old bloodhound and Mom is pregnant with her second child, due in September and husband is gone for days on end.

Family is realizing they can not take care of bloodhound puppy, they were very responsible in turning over the puppy to rescue instead of dumping it on a shelter. Then I realized puppy is going to be unprotected and can not be put on USDA ground transport as “no paws on ground”.

Foster Home in Albany, NY is

First Leg would be Albany to Niagara Falls, NY
DATE: Thursday June 13, Friday June 14 anytime or Saturday June 15 early morning.

Albany International Airport or Schenectady County Airport
To KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY) AirNav: KIAG - Niagara Falls International Airport
(we are on back up for this leg)

I have a foster home, Betsy Copeland in the Niagara Falls who could pick up puppy, overnighter and shuttle her to airport for the second leg.

Second Leg is June 14 early morning covered by ED from AirNav: KBQR - Buffalo-Lancaster Regional Airport to AirNav: 76G - Marine City Airport (2 hours – 20 minutes) Thank you ED

Third Leg: AirNav: 76G - Marine City Airport to Chicago or Rockford, IL, Vinton, IA or across Lake Michigan .. or we could ground transport to Toledo, OH or Elkhart, IN… then west

Fourth Leg if needed: to be determined…

Her final stop is Cedar Falls, Iowa… adoptive mom, Lesley is flexible to where she can pick up in Iowa or western Illinois or southern MN.

We are VERY FLEXIBLE and appreciate all the help we can get. Once legs have been filled I will email all parties.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE to any and all assistance you can provide.
Attachments
darinlund.jpg
IMG_4070[1]b.JPG
Last edited by atrulli on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kevin182
Zip Code: 49456
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3GM
Distance willing to fly one way: 225

Re: Bloodhound puppy Albany Niagara then Detroit to Iowa

Post by kevin182 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:51 pm

I would be willing to do a segment from KSBN/K3TR (South Bend/Niles) to KVYS (La Salle, IL) or somewhere near there.

BrianR
Airport identifier: KSYR

Post by BrianR » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Since I am located mid way between Albany and Niagara Falls, and am a former Cedar Falls resident (the puppy's final destination) I would be remiss not to volunteer for this one! :D

I could take the Albany-Buffalo leg on either Thursday (preferred) or Friday. I am not available Saturday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the other legs can be arranged. I am VFR only, so decent weather will be required.

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Thank you both so much.... I will keep in contact... for sure. We are set up for Thursday from Albany, NY..

Brian my foster MOM, Kristen who is meeting you is pregnant, this puppy is 40-45 pounds, do you need me to get you some help loading...

Also, the other foster Mom, Betsy lives close to Niagara Falls, is that an option... we can make it where ever you want...

So far so good...
Brian from Albany to Buffalo area... Thursday
Ed from Lancaster-Buffalo to Marine City, MI (north of Detroit) ... first thing Saturday

Do we have anyone near Marine City< MI... Kevin can I move you to Marine City, MI to have the pass from Ed?? Or are you going to be in South Bend already?

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 pm

I need someone to pick up Bailey from Ed at the Marine City, MI airport -- AirNav: 76G - Marine City Airport on Saturday morning... to fly to South Bend, IN or to Huntley, IL

I can't get my mapping to work on PNP..

Kevin - I sent you an email to see if you can do Marine City, MI to Huntley, IL. If not, I will keep you for South Bend, IN and can adjust where you take her, so it is better for John and you...

John has offered to take her from Huntley, IL to Cedar Falls, Iowa.

Again, Thank you so much..

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:20 pm

This one IS FILLED.. will mark DONE when flight happens Saturday.

Brian will pick up in Albany, NY on Thursday from foster and drop in Niagara Falls, NY to Betsy (foster)

Betsy will take puppy to Ed on Saturday morning at Lancaster Regional Airport.

Ed will take puppy to MICHIGAN..

Darin - will confirm tomorrow. He will get puppy from ED.. either at Pontiac, MI

Darin will pass to John at Romeoville, IL

John will take to Dubuque, IA to meet Lesley the adoptive Mom

Thank you Kevin for your offer...

I can't thank you guys enough... for taking Bailey the puppy on this trip of a new and better life for her.. to her new adoptive home... She is one lucky puppy and can now start her life living in royalty.

BrianR
Airport identifier: KSYR

Post by BrianR » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 am

Well, weather is not looking great for either Thursday or Friday for the first leg. Should have a better idea in about 24 hours. I would suggest you have a backup plan in place for the Albany-Buffalo portion. If I am able to fly this, I'd prefer to pick up at Schenectady Co. Airport and deliver to Buffalo Lancaster. I'll keep an eye on the forecast and keep you updated.

Also, I suppose I could drop her off at Niagara Falls Intl, if that would be easier for your foster person. I've never been there, and it appears they have high fuel prices + fees, but they don't look too outrageous, if it would make a big difference in convenience for the receiving party.

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Brian I sent you email... Ms. Bailey is going by ground transport on Thursday from Troy to Niagara Falls area. They are spreading $1 shower curtains to keep her paws off the ground.. it will work...

Kevin - I sent you a couple of emails on another bloodhound Barney from Canada.. this one is now set up to go by ground.

I am debating due to weather predicted for Chicago area of going North over Beaver Island and then down thru WIsconsin.

John who offered to do the last leg from Romeoville, IL to Dubuque, IA is on stand by due to chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, so keeping things flexible.

Thank you so much...

msankaran
Zip Code: 14226
Airport identifier: KIAG
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by msankaran » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Has this transport been completed? I can fly her from Albany to Niagara Falls tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.
Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Thank you..

The plan at this point / MOMENT -- which has changed numerous times between pilots and ground transport is:
Paul is picking her up on Saturday a.m. in Albany, meeting Ed from Michigan in Buffalo, NY. Then ED passes off to Darin in Pontiac, MI...
weather is the next step of where we go from there and playing it by ear until Friday night.

Again, thank you so much