DONE! Athens, GA -->Bridgeport, CT; 18 puppies saved!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
DorrieHarris

DONE! Athens, GA -->Bridgeport, CT; 18 puppies saved!

Post by DorrieHarris » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:18 pm

***UPDATED July 5, 2009, 5:30pmEST***
We did it!! (Well, Steve Hall and Tod Peavy did it - we just provided the furry passengers!) - 18 puppies were flown from Athens, GA, to Bridgeport, CT this afternoon! A huge thank you to both Steve & Tod and to your organization for allowing this to even be possible. I'm learning more about aviation than I thought ever possible as a terra firm girl - and can't wait to help coordinate the next rescue mission! Rock on PNP!!! THANKS!

Photos from today's event are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?u ... feat=email

There were three TV crews (ABC, FOX & Cablevision) who showed up to film as well- I will post those links as soon as I can (and they air - most likely the 6pm news tonight).

All the best,
Dorrie
TAILS

***UPDATED JULY 2, 2009, 3:30pmEST***
Thanks to Steve Hall and Tod Peavy we're aiming to move 20-25+ dogs from GA to CT this Sunday morning (7/5)! We are seeking 1 additional pilot who can do the Florence, SC (KFLO/zip: 29506) --> Bridgeport, CT (BDR/zip: 06615) leg. Can someone help out? The plan is to load as many puppies (and one dog at least) as possible but right now we know that the second leg we need another plane. Please?

Full details/original post:

I am urgently hoping to find a few folks who can help out with a transport from Athens Ben-Epps, GA, airport to Sikorsky-Bridgeport, CT, airport (or airports nearby to either) next weekend. I worked with PNP in April and we saved 8 puppy mill rescue dogs who are now in their forever homes here in CT - so I can't say enough good things about your orgnization! :)

As for next weekend: Colbert Veterinary Rescue Services in GA is sending 300 dogs & puppies to the SPCA of CT's mega adoption event the weekend of July 12th. I am urgently seeking help to transport 6-8 puppies/dogs (see description below) next weekend to arrive in time to be rested for the event the following weekend. Could you help with any part of this journey please?

In April Mike Riggs and Walter Harris split the trip and brought 8 dogs (in 4 crates) to safety and their forever homes. Unfortunately it's a busy time and I am seeking additional help as I know Mike & Walter are busy. Dr. Andrews (who runs CVRS) & her team will be driving up the rest of the puppies/dogs but the more that can fly up now the more animals they can bring via ground transport -- so your help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specs:

Date of flights: Anytime between July 2nd - 5th (can also do during the week but presume this is unlikely?)
Origination: Athens Ben Epps, GA (or nearby - we can drive to meet you!)
Destination: Bridgeport, CT (or nearby - we can drive to meet you!)
"Passengers": 6-8 puppies/dogs in 4 crates: Sonja (very friendly, small white standard poodle), shih tzus, maltese, cocker spaniels OR all puppies OR a combination of the two -- with 300 to move north you can imagine you can have your choice. As before, all are healthy & friendly.

For more info on the last very successful flight in April see:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_wtnh_ ... 92218_rev1

and still pictures at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dorrie1234/ ... awsApr1909#

For pictures I took at the adoption event (which the April pups were coming up for) see:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dorrie1234/ ... ayMay22009#

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. I know it's last minute and it's a holiday weekend... :)
Thanks -- keep up the great work -- you guys are AWESOME!! :)
Best,
Dorrie
Last edited by DorrieHarris on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Help! Athens, GA --> Bridgeport, CT (or nearby); puppies/dog

Post by admin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Dorrie,

Please edit your subject line to include ZIP CODES so that this request can be mapped.

Thank you,
Admin

DorrieHarris

Re: Help- Athens, GA 30605 -->Bridgeport, CT 06615; puppies/dog

Post by DorrieHarris » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Please see the update - need an additional pilot from Florence, SC to Bridgeport, CT this Sunday, 7/5. Can you help please?

DorrieHarris

Re: DONE! Athens, GA -->Bridgeport, CT; 18 puppies saved!

Post by DorrieHarris » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks again - please see update above- what a great day!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DONE! Athens, GA -->Bridgeport, CT; 18 puppies saved!

Post by admin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:06 pm

WOOHOO, great day is RIGHT!!! Thanks to all involved with saving these 18!! Can't wait to see the news links!

Debi