High risk dog in need of transport to rescue on June 25th

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
vikki61az

High risk dog in need of transport to rescue on June 25th

Post by vikki61az » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Heeler mix 1.5 yrs 60 lbs
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: Current
Spay/Neutered: Y
Special needs: N
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Second Chance Center for Animals, Flagstaff, AZ
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: DASH DOGS, the Colony, TX
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):
Are you a 501c3: Y both parties
Additional Info/situation: Current handler will transport to Albuquerque, NM to make the trip shorter
Last edited by vikki61az on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

wla1951
Zip Code: 87544
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLAM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: High risk dog in need of transport to rescue on June 25t

Post by wla1951 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

If you can pick up the dog in Amarillo, I can transport him from ABQ (or Santa Fe or Los Alamos) to AMA. However it would have to be either the 23rd or 24th of June as I am going to Amarillo to pick up a dog destined for Denver.

vikki61az

Post by vikki61az » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:34 pm

The dog is being transported by his handler from Second Chance Center for Animals, Flagstaff, AZ to Albuquerque. Transporter can meet you to fly him into AMA (Addison Muni Airport). We can make the 24th work if that is your availability. I do not want this baby to miss out on his destination as he is on the e-list.

CatHedgepeth

Post by CatHedgepeth » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Any chance on the return leg that this boy could get a ride from Addison to Santa Fe? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

wla1951

Post by wla1951 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Dear CatHedgepeth. I am the pilot from Los Alamos that you are already exchanging email with. Turns out I was trying to coordinate the transport of the boxer and the heeler so I could take one going and bring one back. If you can arrange it for me I would gladly take the Heeler east to Addison and then take the Boxer back to Denver. I think I have that correct. The only question is what days to do this. Can some one coordinate this for me?

CatHedgepeth

Post by CatHedgepeth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 am

I get it now. I'm not familiar with the boxer (my dog? He's a pittie mix) and heeler, can the requester of this transport email both of us, my email is [email protected]. I would be glad to help if I can. My little guy is coming up from Houston to Addison on Saturday and has a foster for a few nights if needed. If you fly this heeler into Addison on June 25th I was hoping my boy could fly back to Santa Fe with you. I will work on an overnight for him if you can. Sorry to mix up the posts but when I saw a transport heading into Addison I was hoping my boy could catch a ride on the return flight. Cathy

wla1951

Post by wla1951 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:50 pm

So I got it now. The Healer (Gladstone) needs to be transported to Addison. The Bulldog mix needs to be transported to Denver. It looks like we may be able to make this work. The post that the 24th would work for Gladstone. If you could arrange for me to pick up Gladstone in Albuquerque (or better yet Santa Fe) on the morning of the 24th I could be in Addison that afternoon. I then could take Gunner to Denver on the 25th. This would all depend on the weather cooperating for two days. That might be okay as if we arrange it carefully the flights would be during the morning. My main concerns are turbulence and/or Thunderstorms. But the out look report is good. Does that work for the doggies. It is close as I need to be back home for something the morning of the 26th. Please contact me if this works my email is [email protected].

CatHedgepeth

Post by CatHedgepeth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm

That would be better than awesome for me and Gunner!. How about the heeler bunch? Can you have the heeler to Santa Fe and ready to fly early Monday morning?

Again thanks so much for helping out Gunner and us. You are super wonderful!!!! Cathy