Loving pup needs to get to his forever home

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
aadkison

Loving pup needs to get to his forever home

Post by aadkison » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:22 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: boxer or american pit bull mix, 58 lbs, 1 year
Health Condition: excellent
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: up-to-date (rabies, DHLPP, bordetella)
Health Certificate: will get after transport is secured
Spay/Neutered: yes, neutered
Special needs: none, he's just an energetic boy
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Anita Adkison (rescue volunteer for Pup Squad Animal Rescue, although, this dog is not in their program)
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Tara Cohen (approved adopter)
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected], 832-723-7365
Are you a 501c3: no, this rescue was a combined effort of volunteers from four different rescue agencies, if he needs to fly under the flag of a 501c3, that can be arranged
Additional Info/situation:
Messy is a boxer or pit bull mix rescued from a deplorable living situation. He has been fully vetted and neutered by volunteers. We came together to save him on our own to not further tax any of our rescues. His foster is temporary for another week and then he'll need to be boarded in a kennel. Since he has a wonderful forever home awaiting him in California, we'd love to minimize his time in boarding. Parties on each end of this trip are willing to transport a significant distance to reach those willing to help. I know this will have to be flown in legs, so, ground travel can be arranged in between, if needed. Thank you for reading and helping get Messy to the 9-acre ranch in California where he will live with his new family.
Last edited by aadkison on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RFOXFORD

Re: Loving pup needs to get to his forever home

Post by RFOXFORD » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 am

If someone can get him to the Phoenix area I can take him the rest of the way.

Regards
Roger Foxford

HAR
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No

Post by HAR » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I can take him from El Paso to Phoenix.

HAR

aadkison

Post by aadkison » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:56 am

Thank you so much HAR and Roger. I'm new to this so let me know what all i need to do. What is your availability? I'm trying for next weekend, but am flexible. I have a transport coordinator that just came on board this project today and will be working on transport to El Paso, at least, if you gentlemen are both still available. Thank you very much for your kind offers and i'm looking forward to getting this boy to his new home.

Thanks,
Anita Adkison

RFOXFORD

Post by RFOXFORD » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi Anita

I'm available the 22nd and 23rd. I'm also somewhat flexible since I'm working from home for the next two.

I'm located at the Goodyear airport KGYR.
My cell: 623-326-7706

Thanks
Roger

HAR
Pilot?: No

Post by HAR » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Sorry, but my plane just lost compression on 1 cylinder, so I'm out of commission for a couple of weeks.

HAR

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by CleoBen » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:26 pm

I can go from Houston to either Georgetown (KGTU) / LLano (KAQO) / Boerne Stage (5C1) if there is a mid-Texas pilot that can move the pup the next leg west.

CB
N24TD
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

aadkison

Post by aadkison » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:08 am

Sorry for the delay in response. Our transport was held up by a home check and trying to fill in holes in the route. I'm looking for someone to transport from Phoenix to Anza, CA and from San Antonio to El Paso. Roger, are you available next weekend to fly Phoenix to Anza (or close), CA???

aadkison

Post by aadkison » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:07 pm

CleoBen,

Are you available next Friday (June 28th) for Houston to Boerne?

Thanks,
Anita Adkison

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by CleoBen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Possibly on Friday, although I usually am limited to weekend flying.

If all the legs come together, I'll see about taking Friday off work.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.