Transport from Alabama to Shreveport, LA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
sjhene

Transport from Alabama to Shreveport, LA

Post by sjhene » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age: Hound dog mix, 50 pounds, 8 years old
Health Condition:excellent
Heart worm Status:Negative
Vaccinations:UTD - Heartworm, Parvo, Bordatella, rabies
Health Certificate: 6.27.13
Spay/Neutered:Yes
Special needs:None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Joni Lovelady, Florence-Lauderdale Animal Shelter
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties:Leann Hurst
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Sonya Hene 847.815.6396 - email is [email protected]
Are you a 501c3:not yet
Additional Info/situation: Trace is leaving the shelter ASAP, and the receiving party can take him on July 5, 6, or 7. We appreciate any help you can give!
Last edited by sjhene on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paulnlilly
Zip Code: 36066
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 1A9
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport from Alabama to Shreveport, LA

Post by Paulnlilly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:06 pm

We will be happy to help....we are about an hour outside of Bham, in Montgomery.
Pilot just outside Montgomery, AL, avid animal lovers with 4 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats, including a 30 pound ragdoll. You can follow Frankie's weight-loss and catch glimpses of our other animals on Frankie's facebook page, FRANKIE THE 30 lb cat.

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Wonderful! What day works best for you? Is there an airport in Montgomery, or shall I have him brought to Birmingham? He is in Florence, AL right now.

Paulnlilly

Post by Paulnlilly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 pm

There is an airport in Montgomery (we are actually in a small airport N of Montgomery...Prattville). We could pick him up in B'ham, or possibly Florence. Let me talk to Paul. Cell is 334-324-5001, Lilly
Pilot just outside Montgomery, AL, avid animal lovers with 4 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats, including a 30 pound ragdoll. You can follow Frankie's weight-loss and catch glimpses of our other animals on Frankie's facebook page, FRANKIE THE 30 lb cat.

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:32 am

Ok, I'll wait to hear from you and alert the shelter. I know Prattville because the company I work for owns the big shopping center with Target in it. Thank you again!

Paulnlilly

Post by Paulnlilly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:46 am

Just s of Bham is the Shelby co airport. I think it would be much easier to get in and out of there than the Bham airport. Could you get him there? Any day is fine for us

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:02 am

I will check with the shelter and get back to you ASAP. Also have to confirm on receiving end. Stay tuned!

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 am

Still waiting to hear from the people receiving Trace - they are trying to find someone to take him to Dallas. I'm hoping to know more soon, but just wanted to let you know I'm still working on this!

Sonya

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 am

Hello again - I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We still have not found someone to keep the dog for a couple days in Shreveport as we try to get him to his final destination of Albuquerque. We have one other option that we're working on today, and I will let you know asap if they are able to help out. Thank you again for your kindness and patience as we work through the challenges of such a long distance transport!

Sonya

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Hello, it looks like I have someone who can accept Trace. Are you still able to fly him out to Shreveport on July 5, 6 or 7?