2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by deeogee1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 am

Kelli,
I wouldn't start a new topic just yet. Pilots may still reply to the original & it's less confusing to keep it in 1 request. You might edit the title to show the starting place to where the last pilot is located, but leave the zip codes as they are.

9 week puppy needs ride from PGV or RDU to KFRG.

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 am

lexibel1 wrote:This is my first time posting for a transport. Someone replied to my post and said they can do one leg at the end of the trip. Do I need to post another new topic now asking for the part of the trip that is not covered?

Thank you!

Kelli
Kelli,
If its getting within a few days of when your other pilot can fly, I'd say yes. Just make sure to reference each back to each other so folks know its a trip request to fill out another longer trip.

good luck,
Mike
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying

jeanniekr

First time on here and we need to expedite a transport of 15

Post by jeanniekr » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 pm

deeogee1 wrote:Hi PNP members--
This is a new section developed by the Administration to assist anyone having difficulty setting up transport.
For now there are 3 advisors: Roberta Harding, Susie Cobb and (myself) Joanne Kubacki
Between us, there is a wide variety of transport experience.

Roberta --(member name: robertam)
I am with the Bluegrass SHih-tzu Rescue in Lexington, KY

Susie --(member name: suzy)
I'm Susie Cobb, regional coordinator for Boston Terrier Rescue of E Tennessee, although I'm in North Augusta, SC, near Augusta, GA.

Joanne --(member name: deeogee1)
I am not affiliated with any particular rescue. I am in Indianapolis,IN

In the near future, Roberta will be posting sample forms that she has developed and find very useful in her own planned transports. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions here or PM us. We will try to answer you in a timely manner.

Thank you all for your rescue efforts!

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 am

Jean,
Do you have a specific question on how to post your request?
This section should answer many, if not all of your questions: faq.php?mode=rescue

The process (in a nutshell) is as follows:

On the Board Index Page, where you found this forum, you will also see a forum titled:
Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport.
1. Click on that forum and open it.
2. On upper left of page you will see NEW TOPIC, click on that because your request is new.
3. Have sending and receiving zip codes on hand along with all the pertinent information about the animals and contacts
4. Fill in the subject line, zip codes, answer ALL the pre-launched questions in the form
5. Scroll down and click on Submit, your request is now posted.

You can log in and check your request every day on the board buy clicking on and opening your post and looking for any replies from pilots. You can aso receive an automated email if anyone at all replies to any of your posts. You can read that email and follow the instructions their, clicking on the link they provide for you to take you directly to the message. To sign up for automated notification, mark the "notify me when a reply is posted" in the blue option box below before submitting your request.
Hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

Joanne

jeanniekr

Post by jeanniekr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 am

Joanne thank you for your reply, thank you for the info. If I get mixed up on what to do can you walk me thru this, Jeannie

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:49 am

Yes--I will help you along if needed. But you will probably be fine. :)

Joanne

HUNK123

Post by HUNK123 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:31 am

Hello, I have 3 pilot offers to help get a little Jack Russell from Wilson, NC to Tuscaloosa, AL. HOW DO I GET THE THREE OF THEM TO COMMUNICATE AND SET THIS UP??? I sure would hate to lose this wonderful new family for little "Jack", who was on death row and now is going to live with a wonderful family.

Thank You So Much, Cindy
Wilson, NC
252-237-8963

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Cindy--do you have the contact info for all three pilots? Have you sent a group email to them?

dbsgarden

Post by dbsgarden » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 am

Hi,
I learned about PNP by a pilot I know who lives in my area. We are trying to get a dog from Florida to NY. I am am not sure what to do about each state's USDA regulations that the dog might fly through or land in on her way to NY, or if I even need to be concerned about that? Do I just go with NY's import regs?
Thanks for all you do!!!

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 am

As a pilot - I just make sure we have a health cert that is legit for where ever the final destination is...Which as long as a vet or similar says they're good to travel and nothing contagious its peachy. Never worried about the stops.

The NE has much more strict rules about spay/neuter and what you can "import"..

Rescues or fosters might have something more to add, but, from a flying perspective - if they're just getting dropped off and transferred to another plane - no worries there.

good luck
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying